State of Louisiana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.1

Social Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Louisiana (Shreveport, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for job. Called for interview about 2 weeks later. Interviewed, then offered position two days later. Began about 2 weeks later. I was not aware of work location, but found out after I accepted position offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Louisiana.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview with three individuals asking the questions. The questions were very easy and were compiled from your typical interview questions. I would suggest bing verywell versed on the duduties of the position and how your able to successfully complete those duties.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you received a negative review from a supervisor.   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Louisiana (Shreveport, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was a breeze, once you take the state test and go in for an interview. It then took about a week after they called me to offer me the job and then I had to have drug test and background check done. I really enjoyed my job but the state pay is low for the work aand stress you have to deal with.

Statistical Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Louisiana.

Interview

Contacted directly by supervisor for the department for an interview. Interview focused on skill sets and which programs I used for statistical analysis. Nothing too difficult, basic questions. Main concern was job competency. They were very interested in speaking with my references and with knowing a lot about my previous experience, mainly the most relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• Coming up with examples of workplace situations that were difficult and how you handled them is the hardest part.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Professional Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Louisiana (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very Friendly. Extremely nice. They showed me around lab. They showed me around the site. They answered all my questions and also introduced me to some other personnel as well as my now supervisor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Louisiana in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I passed the Civil Service test, applied for the job online & was called for an interview. I was interviewed by the Manager and 2 supervisors. I was offered employment the same week. I started working the next pay period.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Louisiana (New Orleans, LA) in July 2013.

Interview

Online application, panel interview, background check. The position was posted online. I filled out the online interview which included scanning and uploading my credentials. Received phone call from HR to set up interview. Panel interview was average. Got an offer and accepted.

Medicaid Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at State of Louisiana in June 2013.

Interview

Panel Interview, 1 day took 2 weeks to hear a response, each interviewer asked question, high pressure situation, asked all behavioral type questions, some questions had 2 part answers, interviewers had score cards to mark during interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of Louisiana.

Interview

The application process is extremely long as to be expected with state positions. You will be given some situational scenarios and asked how you would respond. Be prepared to ask them questions as well. Ask about the workload and job responsibilities in detail...ask about turnover and hiring replacements. Make sure you know what you are getting yourself into before accepting the position. It is not what it seems after your in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation unless you have experience working for the state of LA.

Social Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Louisiana (Lafayette, LA) in November 2012.

Interview

There was one interview, I was called in about a month after applying. There were 3-4 people and they asked me very standard questions. They checked my references and I was offered the job several weeks later