State of Maryland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Hunt Valley, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the state of Maryland and asked a series of questions related to the construction industry. I was given a test and then told they would review it before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• What does PPE stand for and give me two examples of it.   2 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Maryland in March 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR three weeks after applying for the job. It was a panel interview, composed of four people. The questions were very jobs specific. Each interviewer was allowed to ask as many questions as they wanted. The whole in-person interview took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult, they were just very job specific. For example, do you have experience reading and interpreting a statute?   Answer Question

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Maryland.

Interview

It was very simple & common sense when taking the test & having to interview. Didn’t wait to long & everything was done professionally & as told. It takes a couple weeks before actually getting into the door considering having to go into the academy for training also.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to be a corrections ?   1 Answer

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

They go over your background info to make sure you answered everything. Then you get fingerprinted and they take pictures of your tattoos. State of Md is a great place to work, lots of overtime. Overall its was a easy process

Interview Questions

• Have you ever did drugs, been arrested   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Interview

the interview process was quick in the sense that I got an interview very quickly from when i applied but the actual interview was over an hour long with a whole list of behavioral questions.

Auditor Interview

Interview

apply online, called for interview, employemnt after 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• have you used their software before   1 Answer

Negotiation

not negotiable

Administrative Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume and application I was notified for an interview a month later. There was only a single interview. There was a month between and the verbal offer

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Most question were supervisory based as the position is a lead position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negation phase. The job had a set hourly wage not a range. Because the jobs is contractual there are not benefits as well

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Budget Analyst interview was relatively fair. They asked technical questions as well as prior work experience that ties to the job applied for. They also asked some behavioral questions and addressed any gap in employment from what was on my resume

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with RStars and how proficient are you with using excel   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

This was a panel interview. There were three people, prepared questions, no follow ups. Interviewers took lots of notes. Most candidates were interviewed on same day because panel came from different departments. The direct manager is on the panel. The time from application close to interview was approximately four weeks. The time from interview to offer was approximately a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced adversity and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Maryland in May 2015.

Interview

Usual line of process and questions. I was taken on a tour from the 1st floor up to the 4th floor. I was introduced to the staff as if I was hired already.

Interview Questions

• If there was a chance to become a permanent employee.   1 Answer