State of Maryland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Maryland Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.8

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Maryland.

Interview

It was very simple & common sense when taking the test & having to interview. Didn’t wait to long & everything was done professionally & as told. It takes a couple weeks before actually getting into the door considering having to go into the academy for training also.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to be a corrections ?   1 Answer

Health Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

First round is a screening done by HR to see if you meet minimum qualifications.

Second round is an interview with a panel of three other analysts.

Last round is an interview with the supervisor/director who you will eventually end up working for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Affordable Care Act?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle interpersonal conflicts in the past with fellow employees?   Answer Question
    • Describe instances where you were asked to perform program evaluation or data analyses and the steps you took to accomplish it.   Answer Question

Office Services Clerk Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was extensive in length of turn around time. Had a panel of three women. Interview last about 30 minutes. Completed a writing assignment at the end of the interview. The panel took turns asking a list of questions from a paper.

Interview Questions

• What are qualities you possess for the population we serve?   1 Answer

Human Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Maryland (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview and getting hired is rather simple if you are entry level to the field. Best to negotiate as high as a salary as you can as the yearly pay increases they advertise can easily be frozen by the governor at any moment. And stay frozen for years plus pay cuts. So go in high as you can in case freezes pop up.

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

They go over your background info to make sure you answered everything. Then you get fingerprinted and they take pictures of your tattoos. State of Md is a great place to work, lots of overtime. Overall its was a easy process

Interview Questions

• Have you ever did drugs, been arrested   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy straight to the point,typing test was in expected but fair.Lucky there wasn't no panel interview ,only one person, and she was pretty nice.Job seem serious but respected

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my previous experience   1 Answer

Job Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Hiring manager plus Office Manager spent 90 minutes with me in very thorough interview. Had previously met Hiring Manager in auxiliary office in an unexpected encounter where he asked me several preliminary questions about my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in working for the government, why I was applying for an entry level position with my credentials.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took a few weeks and involved consideration of 2 locations. I was asked for my preference of locations at the end of the process.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Online Application, HR will rate each applicant according to Levels of Qualification, Hiring Manager will contact Candidates based on list provided by HR, followed by a face to face interview and finally a Practical Lab test

Interview Questions

• Describe your Relevant Experience as Related to this position   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Maryland.

Interview

Panel of 5 of Supervisors and Directors. It was also a group interview of 20 plus. It was fairly good and easy interview if your use to talking in front of a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself and how well do you work with a team.   Answer Question

Accountant Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

applied online was called for an interview in two weeks interviewed by a panel of three went by quick waiting for a response took for every no communication no emails.

Interview Questions

• how does corporate taxes help private or public companies   Answer Question