State of Maryland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.7

Health Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

First round is a screening done by HR to see if you meet minimum qualifications.

Second round is an interview with a panel of three other analysts.

Last round is an interview with the supervisor/director who you will eventually end up working for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Affordable Care Act?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle interpersonal conflicts in the past with fellow employees?   Answer Question
    • Describe instances where you were asked to perform program evaluation or data analyses and the steps you took to accomplish it.   Answer Question

Human Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Maryland (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview and getting hired is rather simple if you are entry level to the field. Best to negotiate as high as a salary as you can as the yearly pay increases they advertise can easily be frozen by the governor at any moment. And stay frozen for years plus pay cuts. So go in high as you can in case freezes pop up.

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

They go over your background info to make sure you answered everything. Then you get fingerprinted and they take pictures of your tattoos. State of Md is a great place to work, lots of overtime. Overall its was a easy process

Interview Questions

• Have you ever did drugs, been arrested   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy straight to the point,typing test was in expected but fair.Lucky there wasn't no panel interview ,only one person, and she was pretty nice.Job seem serious but respected

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my previous experience   1 Answer

Job Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Hiring manager plus Office Manager spent 90 minutes with me in very thorough interview. Had previously met Hiring Manager in auxiliary office in an unexpected encounter where he asked me several preliminary questions about my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in working for the government, why I was applying for an entry level position with my credentials.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took a few weeks and involved consideration of 2 locations. I was asked for my preference of locations at the end of the process.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Maryland.

Interview

Panel of 5 of Supervisors and Directors. It was also a group interview of 20 plus. It was fairly good and easy interview if your use to talking in front of a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself and how well do you work with a team.   Answer Question

Accountant Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

applied online was called for an interview in two weeks interviewed by a panel of three went by quick waiting for a response took for every no communication no emails.

Interview Questions

• how does corporate taxes help private or public companies   Answer Question

Child Support Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple Hills, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Temple Hills, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for this position in Prince George's County (Temple Hills, MD) and in Anne Arundel County (Annapolis, MD).

In PG, there were around 15 of us interviewed at once with 4 interviewers. We were first asked to introduce ourselves which was limited to 1 minute speaking time. Then we had to work in small groups to arrange 5 scenarios of tasks in order by which task we would complete first to last. The interviewers shared their opinions on the scenarios and made it seem as though this was more of a task on passing off your tasks to coworkers and/or multitasking. Not sure what they wanted as it was made to seem like a prioritizing exercise. We then were handed a packet to complete in 20 minutes: write a letter given information about a client's case, interpret a court order, and follow instructions. That completed the interview.

In AACo, there were about 7 of us being interviewed and 3 interviewers. Same process, except we were asked 2 questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for this position?   Answer Question
    • When facing problems, do you ask for help or are you more inclined to solve them on your own?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Panel interview that lasted roughly 30 minutes. I was asked a series of technical questions specifically related to the job duties. The questions may be difficult if you don’t know how to relate your current experience to the task you are being hired for. I had an opportunity to ask questions at the end. I used that time to get a better understanding of my duties and to understand the culture of the dept. It was formal and professional. Once I made it to the final round, I was asked to submit a writing sample.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have creating......   Answer Question

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at State of Maryland (Hunt Valley, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the state of Maryland and asked a series of questions related to the construction industry. I was given a test and then told they would review it before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• What does PPE stand for and give me two examples of it.   Answer Question