State of Michigan Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Michigan Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at State of Michigan

2.5

Analyst Interview

Interview

Only one interview in front of three managers, only one of them was the direct manager that I would be working with. The questions were pretty standard, you need to be able to expand on your experiences from your resume and prepare answers to generic interview questions. I did have to take a "writing" test at the end. I had 30 minutes to analyze graphics that they had provided - I think my manager just wanted to make sure I knew how to write.

Interview Questions

• The writing test was pretty unexpected. Just make sure things make sense and edit it for grammar.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State of Michigan

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in December 2010.

Interview

Sometimes when you get an interview, you may be unknowingly up against someone who is already in that position. How is that possible? The State of Michigan hires subcontractors in some areas. When a full time position becomes available, there may be a subcontractor already doing that job who would like to move to state employment. By law, the job has to be posted for all and multiple candidates must be interviewed. If you are one of the candidates chosen to meet the letter of the law, you have no chance of getting the job because it is going to the person who has already been doing that job as a subcontractor. So, if you get an interview with the state, make sure you ask before your interview if there has been someone already doing that job as a subcontractor. There is no point in going further in the process unless you need a practice interview. I do not think this practice is illegal, however, it is definitely misleading for those who think they have a real shot at a job but in reality do not.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any extremely difficult or unexpected questions. Management uses a standard list of interview questions and chooses pseudo-randomly from the list.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is the level of the position you qualify for and this is what you are going to make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about 2 weeks later to come in for an interview that same week. I had read all about the star method and behavioral interview questions.... and then I didn't get any. Just general, basic questions about experience. They had me do a writing task at the end and asked for references. I was told they wanted to hire someone within 2 or 3 weeks and I haven't heard a peep a week later so I'm assuming it's dead in the water. Easy interview though, and the people made me feel pretty comfortable.