State of Michigan Assistant Payment Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at State of Michigan

3.2

PAYMENT ASSISTANT WORKER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Battle Creek, MI) in September 2008.

Interview

I followed everything that was given to me. I interviewed with the STAR format, I did research about the process. I inteview with two people male/female and I guess I did not fit the company culture fit. I felt as though I was judge on my apperance and not my skills. I followed up with a thank you letter, and I got no respond from the two people I sent the letter to. I felt as though the color of my skin played a factor with their decision I had the experience, but not the look.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a problem you faced on the job, and tell me how you solved it. I knew they were testing my critical thinking skills.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State of Michigan

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2009.

Interview

Behavior based interview. Make sure that you know the position descriptions and that you learn the interview process found on the Michigan department of civil service website.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time that you have to deal with a difficult customer. how did you react and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very straitforward

Assistance Payment Worker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

I applied for the APW position and didn't hear about for about two months and then I went for in interview. That ask about 15 questions based on the core competencies and you have to use the CAR method while interviewing, then a typing test there after.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything that struck out at me, it was not a bad interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Its Behavior Based Interview, study in advance its not easy. Google and use websites they offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you didn't agree with a policy at work? What did you do and how did you adapt?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable, they have a set rate which everyone will get

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online thru website. Called for interview about two months later (Email was sent notifying us of the interview scheduling)On that day,took us ladies to computer room. Had to type up a memo and was given 15 minutes to complete. Easy exercise. Then all of us was given interview questions to look over then each of us was taken into a room and interviewed by two individuals. My interview was brief. Don't know whether it was a good or bad sign. In my opinion, it wasn't a tough interview, as I responded to the questions, they wrote down on a piece of paper. Haven't heard from them yet. Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What skill do you need to improve upon?   1 Answer

Assistance Payment Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan in May 2015.

Interview

Interview started with a typing test followed by a panel of personnel who asked a series of questions using the star method. There were no hard questions. There were several ppl interviewing for the job. The interviewer mentioned that the interview was to gather a pool of ppl to possibly hire later in the year.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to turn down a customer' s request?   Answer Question

Assistance Payment Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

Exam and two weeks later an interview.
    The exam consisted of writing two correspondences, one between a customer and one between a supervisor. Was told I passed the exam one week later and then was asked to interview another week later. HR provided the list of questions immediately before the interview. I felt I did well during the interview, but was told I would not be asked to continue in the process the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had an uncomfortable interaction with a peer at work. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Saginaw, MI) in January 2019.

Interview

The process really needs to be updated. I feel there are a lot of games being played. They call you in for an interview, place you in a hiring pool forever. Then repost the job that you applied for only to say that they aren’t actually hiring just need people in the pool.

Assistant Payment Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Flint, MI) in February 2018.

Interview

For an entry level position they ask and expect too much, especially if you haven’t even done that kind of work. They judge you on things expected of an experienced worker. If they want experience they should list the job as such. They don’t care about education or experience in customer service. How they score you on details of the job that you really have no knowledge of because you haven’t worked there is unfair.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral/Common Sense/Customer Service Questions   1 Answer

Assistant Payment Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Pontiac, MI).

Interview

There was a time 15 minute document you must draft to the customer. Very simple and straight to the point but you would need to know how to draft a professional document. They provide you with a notepad and interview questions prior to your interview. This would be the time to write down notes about situations that apply to your interview questions. They will maintain a poker face and only ask questions, etc. It would be in your best interest to fully review the materials provided and to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time work was overwhelming and how did you adapt?
      Can you tell me about a time of high stress dealing with co-workers?   1 Answer