State of Michigan Clinical Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Clinical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Adrian, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Printed off my resume and application form and delivered it in person at the health department. I applied the second week of March and during the first week of April I got a call for interview which was scheduled 2 days later (today, 04/06)

The internet posting didn't describe the job in much detail but it listed # of hours per week and the hourly pay. They (3 person panel, all female nurses) gave me a form listing the full job description and asked if I had any questions about it. They told me it would be a fixed schedule, every Tuesday & Friday, and maybe more days as I gain experience. No more than 19 hours because they're not able to hire any more people at this time & provide benefits. They said I might have to undergo a background check, drug test, and fingerprinting if hired (but that might only apply to nurses). They gave me a tour of the building and a business card to call if I had any questions.

Update: a few hours after my interview they called to say I was hired. They emailed me telling me the dress code and where to report for the first day. She also said I need to bring everything to set up a direct deposit but no other mention of a drug test.

Interview Questions

• • tell me about yourself
    - I told them where I graduated college and gave a brief rundown of my previous jobs.

• after giving me the form of the full job description, they asked why I feel I'm right for the job
    - I said I had plenty of lab experience from college, and I wanted to go into the healthcare field. The online posting said they preferred someone who knows Spanish so I said my parents are immigrants so we spoke Spanish at home.

• what healthcare training do you have? any experience taking vital signs? have you taken any courses such as medical terminology or anatomy & physiology?

• if we talked to someone who knew you well, what would they say are your three best qualities and one thing you could improve upon?

• how do you feel about blood/urine or administering blood sugar tests? would you feel uncomfortable in any way if you're dealing with someone different, for example someone you recognize coming in regularly for pregnancy and STI testing.

• what would you do if the patient you're speaking with tells you they're being abused by their significant other?
    - offer them different ways to seek help, either with the police or social services. I would also notify the rest of the healthcare team and make sure it was on record if it wasn't already.

• how do you typically communicate, informally or do you wait to speak until spoken to?
    - with new people I try not to be silent but I don't want to talk their ear off either. I'll make some small talk but I'll also wait until I'm directly addressed, overall I prefer to be informal.   Answer Question