State of Michigan Corrections Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Michigan Corrections Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at State of Michigan

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Jackson, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. There is two senior officers or supervisors in a room that ask you a series of questions. The questions are geared around safety or what would you do in a certain situation. The you have to think about the worst case scenarios to questions they ask. They write down your response and they look for key words for you to pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst possible thing that could happen in a prison?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State of Michigan

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI).

Interview

One civil service test followed by one interview conducted by 3 to 6 people who already hate their jobs. If you can squeeze out anything better than the equivalent of a D grade on the exam....if you appear to be able to dress yourself with minimum complications.....if you can do thirty situps....and I use that term literally....and if you also have a pulse....you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• If you were a state trooper, would you give your mother a speeding ticket?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Jackson, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

A two person panel with STAR questions like the classic "what would your last employer say about you". this was followed by a fairly difficult physical test that included push-ups, sit-ups and 6 minutes of running stairs. The interview then concluded in a third room with a different person doing some wrap up questions. As odd as it was, I had an overall positive feel about just about everything. I would advise any candidate to study the STAR protocol and to ensure their level of fitness is sufficient to pass the physical test.

Interview Questions

• "what would your last employer say about you".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Jackson, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

They ask questions that allow you to demonstrate how you have or would handle a situations. There is a panel interview as well as a physical fitness test. The panel consisted of two interviewers while the fitness test consisted of three test; a push up test, a sit up test, and a step test. The step test has three parts. First you start in smaller steps and work your way to the harder steps. You have to do so many in the given time frame.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an inmate who is upset because of a situation at home, but is on sanctions, so they can't call home.   1 Answer