State of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 220 of over 220 interviews

Other3%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

State of Michigan

Application

I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

Easy and straightforward and just basic questions nothing out of reason. job seekers should be prepared for the basic personal. Just an easy interview all around. Great place to work

Interview Questions
  • How do you think you're a good fit for this job?
    Answer Question

State of Michigan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

First Round interview with supervising manager, a HR manager, and a Diversity and inclusion manager. Top three applicants from the first round interview are scheduled for a second round interview. Part of the first round interview included making a Powerpoint presentation on a pre-selected topic and submitting the presentation prior to the interview. Second Round interview was with the hiring manager and the supervising manager.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why are you a good fit/best candidate for the position? 2. How would you deal with a situation where your task priority changes at the last minute? 3. Why did you leave your last position?

State of Michigan

Application

I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

It was easy going, friendly, and they asked very specific questions especially relating to my work experience and how I would handle certain situations. It was definitely a behavior based interview where they wanted to see how you personally would handle yourself in certain environments and circumstances

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Grand Rapids, MI) in Mar 2021

Interview

Behavioral interview questions, use star format for responses. Was told hear back in 2 weeks, it took about 4 and was informed I passed the interview and would be in a pool of candidates for up to 6 months and if a job opened up I might get a call.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time when you were asked to follow a policy you didn’t agree with, what did you do?

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in Feb 2021

Interview

The application process was straight forward. Just apply online with an official copy of your transcript and a resume and cover letter and you will be good to go! The interview process is rather in depth, and you will be given a hypothetical situation to solve as a part of the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had to multi-task? How did you deal manage your priorities?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in Jan 2021

Interview

During Covid-19 Interview was conducted as a Zoom meeting. Behavioral base interview questions. Very open communication format. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. References were checked two week after interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

State of Michigan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

It was pretty laid back, seemed like a typical interview. They made me feel very comfortable and I was able to quickly answer their questions and provide examples of how I would fit with the company.

Interview Questions
  • Rate your communication skills and describe how that would benefit you here.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Kalamazoo, MI)

Interview

I was given 25 minutes to look over questions and type a essay. My panel consisted of two supervisors. The questions were also in front of me as they asked the questions.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you had to communicate with someone different from you.
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in Feb 2020

Interview

there were three interviewers sitting in front of me and asked questions. it was about 50 minutes. the questions are just behavioral questions and no technical questions. but be prepared to answer some basic technical questions relevant to the position you apply for.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about yourself. Be prepared to answer some basic technical questions relevant to the position you apply for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in Jan 2020

Interview

There was a written part for the first interview. Then if you passed the written portion, they will contact you for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was with two supervisors and they asked 8-10 questions.

Interview Questions
  • What was a stressful part of your job and how did you handle the stress?
1 person found this interview helpful