State of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at State of Michigan

2.9

Services Specialist 9-P11 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

I was given 25 minutes to look over questions and type a essay. My panel consisted of two supervisors. The questions were also in front of me as they asked the questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to communicate with someone different from you.   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in January 2020.

Interview

There was a written part for the first interview. Then if you passed the written portion, they will contact you for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was with two supervisors and they asked 8-10 questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a stressful part of your job and how did you handle the stress?   Answer Question

Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

Written exam & Interview with 2-3 people. Some counties do both the same day. Questions were provided beforehand so you can take notes. The written exam is easy. The interview is average depending on the county.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Assistance Payments Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Pontiac, MI) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview started with a written/typed test. Compose a letter to let a client know they can not assist them but there are other services. You were giving the questions for the interview. During the interview with two people, you were able to keep the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had several task at one time?   1 Answer

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan in July 2019.

Interview

STAR based behavioral interview. The interview process was spread out between 4 sessions. First was answering situational questions, second was an online assessment, third was a face-to-face interview, and lastly a meet and greet interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a weakness you may be presented with in this position?   2 Answers

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in July 2019.

Interview

Written online test. Pretty intense questions that pertain to specific scenarios. What to do in specific situations. How to handle conflict with individuals. What would you do if an individual said or did something that was dangerous.

Interview Questions

• What to do if enter home with dirty dishes, 1 year old dirty diapers, how would you handle   1 Answer

Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Oakland, MI).

Interview

I applied online and received an email a couple months later with available dates for an interview. I scheduled the interview a week later. The interview consisted of a written portion and if I passed that, a face to face interview followed. I passed both. They emailed me notifying me they were contacting my references and doing a background check. I was then placed into the hiring pool and now I’m waiting for an offer if anything becomes available.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. Situational. “Tell me a time you had to deescalate a situation” “tell me about a time you didn’t see eye to eye with your boss and how you handled it“ etc.   1 Answer

Disability Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2019.

Interview

Easy panel interview. Provided a sample training. I interviewed with a group of people and they made sure to have allotted times for us all to receive our own interviews. Very professional and friendly.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI).

Interview

They require a panel interview with at least two panel members. They ask about your competencies. You can also ask them a head of time to provide the panel member names.

Interview Questions

• Standard STAR behavioral questions. Also includes the tell me about yourself question.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

The interview process consists of two interviews about two weeks apart. It is really a slow moving process and waiting game. The overall process took about two and a half months.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to adjust to a significant shift in priorities.   Answer Question