KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

State of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 245 of over 245 interviews

Other3%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

State of Michigan

Application

I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

The interview Questions were given ahead of time, based on competencies. Understand DEI, attach cover letter. Usually a panel of 2-4 people interviewing you. Laid back, not too difficult but prepare ahead of time

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you needed to build a collaborative relationship with someone. What things did you do to establish a good working relationship?
    Answer Question

State of Michigan

Application

I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

In person but by Team Video conducted on site with the panel video linked in. A prior written exercise done a lap top and a related Excel exercise also due on a lap top

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

State of Michigan

Application

I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

One single interview with 3 interview panelists. It took about an hour. I heard back on the job about a week and a half later. I accepted and then started about a month after that. Overall easy interview process,

Interview Questions
  • Name a situation where you have dealt with Diversify, Equity, and Inclusion

State of Michigan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

There was 12 or so questions, but the last three were questions they "had" to ask from the state (e.g. do you have a valid driver's license). The rest were basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

State of Michigan

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

Applied in January then had panel interview in February. Job offer in late March. Delay was due to being second choice in process. Everyone was great and friendly, but the state refuses to pay qualified candidates a decent wage. Lowballed and not given right level by Civil Service. Does not value education only work experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

State of Michigan

Application

I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

The interview was in depth, but pleasant. Typical questions like can you describe a time when you thought you had too much work, and how did you handle it? Several previous experience questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

State of Michigan

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at State of Michigan in Mar 2022

Interview

It consisted of four people asking me questions like a normal interview. They were all super nice and they asked me about situations in my past work experience and how they would relate to different scenarios they gave me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time where you had to deal with an angry coworker/customer. How did you handle it? What did you say to them?

State of Michigan

Application

I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

Took absolutely forever to get any correspondence from them; almost four months to contact me for an interview. Typical state employer interview, standard questions. Met with three attorneys and talked about past experience. Never responded to repeated inquiries on hiring progress.

Interview Questions
  • This was awhile back, don't remember specific questions; figure standard interview questions, particularly for lawyers.

State of Michigan

Application

I interviewed at State of Michigan

Interview

super easy long wait many people read questions first before interview this is really not what I want to do it find out about a company it is really annoying

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI)

Interview

Based on the STARs method. They will just ask you about yourself and how you are as a worker. It is not difficult just come prepared but don’t be scripted.

Interview Questions
  • What was an experience you had where you were overloaded and how did you overcome it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 245 Interviews

State of Michigan Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at State of Michigan as 68.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.92 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Service Specialist and Assistance Payments Worker rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Services Specialist and Student Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at State of Michigan takes an average of 57 days when considering 251 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Assistance Payment Worker had the quickest hiring process (on average 27 days), whereas Service Specialist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 107 days).

Common stages of the interview process at State of Michigan according to 251 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 32.25%