State of Michigan Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Michigan Service Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at State of Michigan

2.9

Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

Written exam & Interview with 2-3 people. Some counties do both the same day. Questions were provided beforehand so you can take notes. The written exam is easy. The interview is average depending on the county.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State of Michigan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in July 2019.

Interview

Written online test. Pretty intense questions that pertain to specific scenarios. What to do in specific situations. How to handle conflict with individuals. What would you do if an individual said or did something that was dangerous.

Interview Questions

• What to do if enter home with dirty dishes, 1 year old dirty diapers, how would you handle   1 Answer

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan in July 2019.

Interview

STAR based behavioral interview. The interview process was spread out between 4 sessions. First was answering situational questions, second was an online assessment, third was a face-to-face interview, and lastly a meet and greet interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a weakness you may be presented with in this position?   1 Answer

Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Oakland, MI).

Interview

I applied online and received an email a couple months later with available dates for an interview. I scheduled the interview a week later. The interview consisted of a written portion and if I passed that, a face to face interview followed. I passed both. They emailed me notifying me they were contacting my references and doing a background check. I was then placed into the hiring pool and now I’m waiting for an offer if anything becomes available.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. Situational. “Tell me a time you had to deescalate a situation” “tell me about a time you didn’t see eye to eye with your boss and how you handled it“ etc.   1 Answer

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan in April 2019.

Interview

Three Panel interview. All were very kind and took notes throughout the interview. Dress is Business Formal. 15 minutes prior to interview they give you the questions to review. You can use notes during interview and skip over questions and return to them later. Afterwards is a written portion with a situational question and response.

Interview Questions

• Why do people climb mountains? (Ice breaker, not counted against you)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escanaba, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Escanaba, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

Tough questions, behavioral based. First said it wasn't that but it was. If you are over 25, and not a recent graduate you don't have a chance. They want young and inexperienced in all counties with this job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had a conflict at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

Long process. Written test was first. Took about a month after initial application. Interview was a month later. Training started a month after. Panel style interview. A bit intimidating. Interviewer read off paper. Barley made eye contact. But you could use notes

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with an unexpected interruption
      Name a time you had to make an important decision in short amount of time
      Name a time you used an iPhone or computer at work
      Name a time you had to stand up and get a point across
      Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI).

Interview

The interview process is two parts. The first part is a writing exam and the second part is an actual interview. In some cases, you have an actual interview and the exam the same day. In other cases, you take do the writing portion and you have to wait two wks to find out if you passed of failed. if you passed then you'll move on to the verbal interview. The interview is a panel interview so you'll be interviewed by two/three people. The questions a situational and they'll give you 20 minutes to prepare. Look at the interview question from the reviews and take notes. A lot of people came with notebooks, so nothing fancy. Within a week you should hear if you passed or not. If you passed they'll do a background check and contact your references. If there are any opening they may contact you with an offer. If they don't have any openings, you'll be placed in a hiring pool until they find something for up to six months.

Organization is everything. Please prepare your notes. The interview will go much smoother. Use STAR method. They provide you with competencies. Each competency has a different question.

Interview Questions

• ADAPTABILITY- Describe a time where there was an unexpected interruption that interfered with you work. How did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • DECISION MAKING- Describe a time you had to make an important decision in a certain amount of time.
      (It was something like this)   Answer Question
    • COMMUNICATION- Describe a time you had to stand up for something to get you point across.   Answer Question
    • QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE- Describe a time you had a disgruntle customer/client. How did you handle the situation and what skills did you use?   Answer Question
    • You have to watch a video before the interview. They ask you questions on the interview.   Answer Question
    • The other questions are generic like why should I hire you and what skills do you have that suit this position   Answer Question

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan in January 2018.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Progressed to writing exercise and interview in front of a program supervisor and program manager. Next interview was both program managers and the director of the department.

Interview Questions

• There are questions related to customer service, delivering quality service and client interaction. Use the STAR method and you will be able to answer anything they throw at you.   Answer Question

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

I am actually scheduled for a written exercise, next week. I am little worried. I applied online back in September, I received an email stating that I had been selected for a 2 part interview, 1 written and if you make it through the written portion than you would move on to the face to face. I have not been to the written as of this writing, I am hoping to gain insight.

Interview Questions

• I haven't had the interview yet, but I have actually interviewed for this type of position before. My last interview was for a Child Welfare Agency. I was asked to read different case scenarios and tell them in writing what I would do.   4 Answers
    • Caseworker Scenario: You go on a home visit and there are 2 small children left unattended because the parents are sleep and there are dangerous objects/chemical laying around, what do you do?   1 Answer