State of Michigan Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Michigan Service Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at State of Michigan

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Huron, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Port Huron, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Ist "interview" was a mock scenario about a filthy house with children and how you would handle it. You were given the scenario and then given 1/2 hour to type up a report about how you would handle it - looking for your thouth process and typing abilities.

2nd interview was with 2 supervisors....asking questions like - Name a time you went above and beyond at your job and also what is your greatest weakness?

3rd interview was a meet and greet - met the director and same two supervisors from previous interview - more behavioral questions.

Got a call from Lansing - said I got the job - not talk of pay.

Got a call from local office - to come in and get a form within 24 hours to do drug test. Went and got it, handled test.

Then got a call from Lansing saying I was in the pool of employees and would be called when there was an open position. (which was funny because when i picked up the form for the drug test at the local office, I was told I would be starting in 2 weeks. It is now a month later, I heard that I passed my drug test but no further contact. Screwed up process and right hand has no clue what left hand is doing.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State of Michigan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Did not get a chance to do an actual face to face interview. However, I did get invited to do the written exam. There were 3 questions that seemed fairly easy to answer but they obviously weren’t too easy because I did not pass. Was contacted a week after the test saying that I would not b selected for the next process. Wish they would’ve provided feedback about what exactly was wrong.

Interview Questions

• A scenario based question about what you would do if you entered a “dirty home”.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Pontiac, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied in April 2017 for the position. I didn’t receive a call until October for a phone interview. A week later I was informed that I passed the phone interview and 3-4 weeks later was my written examination/panel interview. In order to make it to the panel interview, I had to pass the written examination. The written examination is either a pass or fail. The written examination was based off a scenario that could potentially take place. I was interviewed by two individuals. The interview was average, I answered many of the questions based off my experience with my current and previous jobs. 3 weeks later I received a email that I passed the interview. That’s when the process of my background check and references had began. After the process was completed, I was placed in the hiring pool. Within 2 weeks I was contacted and offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Written portion for the first 30 minutes of the interview. Review a scenario inquiring if you approach a home that you were called to and it appears the mother is sleeping while in sole supervision of two small children with numerous safety hazards what do you think the appropriate action to take. Next is the oral portion of the interview where 3 supervisors ask you a panel of questions. Process is about 20 minutes. Star method

Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

Short written time, then behavioral interview. None of the questions were difficult. There were provided questions just prior to starting the main competency interview. Three personal panel. Enjoyable interview actually.

Interview Questions

• Describe working with someone you didn't agree with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Holland, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Lots of interviews, in lots of different cities for six months before I got hired. Only to be discriminated against, and emotionally broken down by supervisors and other employees just 3 months into the job, and forced to quit.

Interview Questions

• There is a 3 person interview panel that consists of supervisors, and sometimes the Director. They give you a scenario on paper, and you must respond as to how you would handle it.   Answer Question

Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed in front of 3 people with a variety of questions. I was given the questions about 20 minutes before in order to prep. Answering in a STAR format is really helpful.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Saginaw, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

it was a brief interview not very bad. Behavioral Based type. there were 2 people in the room and they give you the questions ahead of time to prepare. The overall experience was not bad, however it was a little bit uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to meet deadlines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Battle Creek, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

The first part of the interview involves reading a mock scenario and writing up a review of it. After that, you are given some time to review the interview questions. The STAR method was not required but was useful for this interview. The interview was very relaxed and professional. If you take the time to prepare beforehand, you will have no problem passing the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to complete an assignment without all of the instructions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

I posted some time ago the interview pretty simple they give you all of the questions prior to going into the interview. They do give you a writing portion to determine your ability to write thoroughly you have the opportunity to pick from a scenario and answer how you would deal with the scenario. You want to make sure you are a good speller because they do check for errors and don't give the opportunity to change spelling make sure that you are direct to the point don't make any assumptions base your answers off of facts in the scenario. I was interviewed by two supervisors very simple interview answer the questions directly you will do fine

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult client and how did you handle the situation to come to a solution.   Answer Question