State of Michigan Services Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Michigan Services Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at State of Michigan

2.9

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

STAR behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you encountered a moral conflict in your job   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State of Michigan

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Saginaw, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

it was a brief interview not very bad. Behavioral Based type. there were 2 people in the room and they give you the questions ahead of time to prepare. The overall experience was not bad, however it was a little bit uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to meet deadlines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Ithaca, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted via email 3 months later informing me of an interview. Behavior based interview by the director, program manager, and supervisor. Contacted a week later with an offer. Have been waiting for 3 weeks for a conditional offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time communication helped you resolve a conflict.
      Tell us a time you had to make a decision without all of the info.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online in Febuary 2015, received an email in June to set up an interview. Interview was set for July 7 2015. Was placed in a office and was ask to write to my supervisor about a case scenario, was given 20min. Then given 10min to look over the interview questions. The interview is STAR based and you can look it up on the Internet. I was interviewed by 3 people. A week later was notified by email that I passed the interview. Was placed in the hiring pool July 23, 2015. Was offered a contingenal offer in September 23, went same day to take drug test. Now waiting for a final offer and hope to start by October 2015.

Interview Questions

• Just look for STAR interview on the Internet and that will help you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Jackson, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Give you all the questions they are going to ask and give you 15 minutes to supply answers. Can use any notes and can read right from the notes when answering the oral interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had one opportunity, one chance, would you capture it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Written portion for the first 30 minutes of the interview. Review a scenario inquiring if you approach a home that you were called to and it appears the mother is sleeping while in sole supervision of two small children with numerous safety hazards what do you think the appropriate action to take. Next is the oral portion of the interview where 3 supervisors ask you a panel of questions. Process is about 20 minutes. Star method

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Holland, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Lots of interviews, in lots of different cities for six months before I got hired. Only to be discriminated against, and emotionally broken down by supervisors and other employees just 3 months into the job, and forced to quit.

Interview Questions

• There is a 3 person interview panel that consists of supervisors, and sometimes the Director. They give you a scenario on paper, and you must respond as to how you would handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI).

Interview

The interview process is two parts. The first part is a writing exam and the second part is an actual interview. In some cases, you have an actual interview and the exam the same day. In other cases, you take do the writing portion and you have to wait two wks to find out if you passed of failed. if you passed then you'll move on to the verbal interview. The interview is a panel interview so you'll be interviewed by two/three people. The questions a situational and they'll give you 20 minutes to prepare. Look at the interview question from the reviews and take notes. A lot of people came with notebooks, so nothing fancy. Within a week you should hear if you passed or not. If you passed they'll do a background check and contact your references. If there are any opening they may contact you with an offer. If they don't have any openings, you'll be placed in a hiring pool until they find something for up to six months.

Organization is everything. Please prepare your notes. The interview will go much smoother. Use STAR method. They provide you with competencies. Each competency has a different question.

Interview Questions

• ADAPTABILITY- Describe a time where there was an unexpected interruption that interfered with you work. How did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • DECISION MAKING- Describe a time you had to make an important decision in a certain amount of time.
      (It was something like this)   Answer Question
    • COMMUNICATION- Describe a time you had to stand up for something to get you point across.   Answer Question
    • QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE- Describe a time you had a disgruntle customer/client. How did you handle the situation and what skills did you use?   Answer Question
    • You have to watch a video before the interview. They ask you questions on the interview.   Answer Question
    • The other questions are generic like why should I hire you and what skills do you have that suit this position   Answer Question

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

I am actually scheduled for a written exercise, next week. I am little worried. I applied online back in September, I received an email stating that I had been selected for a 2 part interview, 1 written and if you make it through the written portion than you would move on to the face to face. I have not been to the written as of this writing, I am hoping to gain insight.

Interview Questions

• I haven't had the interview yet, but I have actually interviewed for this type of position before. My last interview was for a Child Welfare Agency. I was asked to read different case scenarios and tell them in writing what I would do.   4 Answers
    • Caseworker Scenario: You go on a home visit and there are 2 small children left unattended because the parents are sleep and there are dangerous objects/chemical laying around, what do you do?   1 Answer

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan in April 2019.

Interview

Three Panel interview. All were very kind and took notes throughout the interview. Dress is Business Formal. 15 minutes prior to interview they give you the questions to review. You can use notes during interview and skip over questions and return to them later. Afterwards is a written portion with a situational question and response.

Interview Questions

• Why do people climb mountains? (Ice breaker, not counted against you)   Answer Question