State of Michigan Student Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Michigan Student Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at State of Michigan

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

I was asked a series of questions about what I would be expected to be able to do on a day to day basis. I was interviewed by the two unit supervisors. The interview was conducted formally.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State of Michigan

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Took about three weeks after the original application to have an interview. After the interview of a three person board, a phone was produced for job grant. Then within three days a drug screening was due. Once the screen was reviewed and passed, the job started as soon as the next week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if something occurred and you were not sure what to do?   2 Answers

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

Applying online is easy, there are multiple fields to fill in and questions to answer along with a section to upload documents like your resume, references, etc. Once you apply online you either will get a phone call or if you don't get the job you can sign in or might get an email. From there they will ask you to come in for an in person interview usually with more than 1 person. Then from there it depends on how long they take to make a decision but the SOM is a long process because once you get the job you have to take a drug test and all of that stuff so it was probably a month before I actually started.

Interview Questions

• "describe a time when you were faced with a challenge how you handled it"   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

The interview process is very slow, but not too hard! Apply online, get a call (if picked) to schedule an in person interview, if you get selected there is paperwork and usually a drug test you must pass before you can officially start. The interviews are usually STAR based questions which are focused on situational and behavioral type questions! (google common STAR interview questions to help prepare)

Interview Questions

• "do you know what the pay rate for this position is? Are you ok with it?"
      "why do you think you are the right candidate for this position?"
      "what do you know about our department?"
      "Describe a time when you worked under pressure" etc and more situational questions!

be prepared to talk about your previous experience and how it can relate to the job you're interviewing for!   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was contacted for an interview about two weeks after the closing of the application. I was interviewed by the unit supervisor and the unit HR representative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Showed up to the building and waited for them to call me in. I entered a small room with four interviewers sitting at a round table. They told me quickly that the interview would consist of 13 questions before we started. They each took turns asking me the interview questions, while all of them took notes while I spoke.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Kalamazoo, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Very intense- 3 panel interview. Asked about 7-8 behavioral bases questions; looking for very thorough answers. Overall the interview lasted about an hour. Takes a long time to hear back on decision- about 1 month. Have to pass a drug test and background check

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond at your current employer? What happened?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Michigan.

Interview

Interview process starts with an online application which narrows down the hiring pool immensely. About 2-3 weeks later I received an email inviting me to participate in a face-to-face interview, which was conducted by two individuals: the person who would be my direct supervisor and the person who supervised the part of the state in which I would work. Interview was formal yet friendly, with specific questions about my prior work experience since I have a few interesting employers on my resume, as well as "what would you do if..." type questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you help plan and promote our annual [event name]?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

Got the job from a friend of mine, applied online, waited about a month or so, got the call for interview, came in and spoke with the hiring manager and one other person, got the offer, did a background and drug test, started working after the drug test result came back ok.

Interview Questions

• N/A behavioral questions and a little bit of technical question (I'm applying for an IT position), nothing too fancy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

There was a brief phone pre-screening interview followed by face-to-face onsite behavioral based interview with a panel of two higher ranking managers representing the office. The process was smooth and I was notified of every step of the process. I also receive e-mail communication notifications regarding each step of the selections process.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time in which you confronted a co-worker or a supervisor about an ethical or moral issue.   Answer Question