State of Minnesota Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

2.7

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied 2 months prior to being contacted. Was required to answer a set questions pertaining to the positon when contacted. After the answers where reviewed it took about a week to be contacted again for an interview. Interview was basic, no prior phone interview just in person interview. A week later referrences were asked for, request for permission for background check. Also, was asked to speak to current supervisor. Willing to negotiate but not for much more. Basic interview only 2 people in interview. After accepted the on line State of Mn site has some flaws that made it a little challenging to complete without assistance.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by State Prog Admin and Regional Planner. This took 3 weeks from interview to hiring. I was given a paper with interview questions and took notes. After that my interview started and lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• More about Diversity, Outreach and Engagement in Minnesota.   1 Answer

State Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Panel interview, several people from the office where I would be working. They took turns asking questions. Most of the questions were related to the job duties and my experience. Weren't really many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience as it relates to this position.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

Three people interviewed as a panel. They asked about experience/education. The questions were typical HR questions. They give opportunity for people to write their questions in paper before interview starts to help with the process

Labor Relations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

Supervisor and her boss interviewed me. Interview lasted 1 hour and was asked 7 questions. I was first offered if I wanted a glass of water. Then it was explained to me they would ask me 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time you had a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview follows a set formula with every candidate answering the same questions. If you get there early, and you're lucky, the questions will be provided to you and you can start writing down answers before the interview actually starts.

The people I interviewed with were all friendly and the questions were all technical.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all technical based on the technology that I'm supporting for the state.   1 Answer

Project Admionistrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

Overall very fair process

Interview process is extremely standardized as it has to be due to state government requirements. expect a very standard set of questions (by law all applicants get the same set) with a small (usually three-person) panel.

Also, since it's government, process may move very slowly. There are often budget issues that take time to resolve, and along chain of command for approvals.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a situation where you had to . . (overcome an obstacle) (work as part of a large team) (etc.)"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is very little room for negotiation

Human Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Eagan, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Met with a supervisor, didn't take too long. If they liked you, you would meet the clients and socialize for a bit. The clients were hesitant as I found out was the case with any new prospective employee. The interview (for me) took place in the group home where I would be working, so it wasn't a centralized office or anything.

State Program Administrator, Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

The initial interview resulted in a second round for a State Program Administrator, Coordinator position, for which I was one of the final two applications. Ultimately, I did not receive that offer, but based upon the interviews, I was subsequently contacted for interest in servicing in another position which I accepted. Overall, it was a great opportunity and well worth my time and energy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I managed difficult situations when conflict arises.   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviews. The first with the HR hiring manager and HR building manager; next, with senior leadership and the two other individuals. They asked me a series of questions that were both reasonable and challenging. I felt they were truly engaged in getting to know me as a potential employee and whether or not this would be a good fit for both sides. They seemed open and honest.

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself working here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I do not recall negotiating anything.