State of Montana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2016

2.7

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Montana (Helena, MT) in June 2016.

Interview

They provide printed questions they are going to ask 30 or so minutes before the process. Then a panel will ask you questions and take notes on your response. They also collect the sheet of printed questions at the end of the interview (so don't write anything silly on it as a friend of mine once did).

Interview Questions

• They asked a general question about data. How you would go about taking data from one place and using it in Excel.   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Montana (Helena, MT).

Interview

The state had me take two online tests for competency. One was an intelligence exam. The other was a programming proficiency exam
    I interviewed with three individuals. The process took about an hour. It took a few days to make an offer after a background check and references were checked.

Interview Questions

• Describe the life cycle process of software development.   Answer Question

Residential Appraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Montana.

Interview

Very structured interview with basic real estate questions with the aim of determine weather or not you know what a home is. Six questions total. Overall a very easy interview.

Attorney - Child Abuse and Neglect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Montana (Helena, MT) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with one AG attorney, the lead AG staff attorney and head of the DPHHS department. Positive experience. Well directed questions, personable approach. Honest in explaining duties and expectations of position. After providing required paperwork through AG's application process and making first cut, was placed in office area where a written exam was administered. The exam was a "what would you do under these circumstances" practical exam. Those questions and answers were reviewed during the interview. While I did not get the offer, and the position required too much travel for my circumstances, I enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• If you had several cases pending, how would you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Montana (Billings, MT) in October 2014.

Interview

A short face to face interview consisting of a small panel. Consisted of three supervisors who clearly did not get along well. They asked inappropriate personal questions regarding age and commented on the failings of current employees who were of opposite gender.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed and why?   2 Answers

Interview

The work culture is very friendly with employees and managers working together as a team to accomplish goals.

Interview Questions

• Question regarding how to market a shared content management system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate at the time I was hired. That may be different now.

Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Montana (Bozeman, MT) in September 2013.

Interview

Long and arduous. Arbitrary employment questions. First had to submit a lengthy state application. Received a call 2 months after submitting and they scheduled a phone interview. The next day, a personality profile was scheduled, 1 week later did a background check consent. 1 month later had a group interview after, 1-1 later that day, drug screen the next day and an offer 2 days later

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts at work. Give an example.   1 Answer

Residential Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Montana (Bozeman, MT) in March 2013.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and interviewed with a 5 person panel. Each of the panelists asked me a question or two from a script. They allowed me to look at the script a few minutes before they began asking the questions. In the end, we started chatting about one of the answers I gave and the interview became more of a friendly conversation. I could tell they liked me. They told me they would let me know their decision by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Computer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Montana (Helena, MT) in July 2011.

Interview

group interview which is graded. Multiple rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• why are you not suited for the position you are applying for?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Quick and easy

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Montana (Helena, MT) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied and was called for a scheduled interview submitted required documents including a resume and referrals was interviewed by a panel They were very polite. the job required a lot of travel and was focused on other aspects of natural resource management than what I had been working in for many years. they also were not comfortable that I had been self employed for many years I was a square in a round peg