State of Montana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.6

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Montana (Helena, MT) in June 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application, I was called within a week to set up an interview that took place a week and a half later. For the interview, I had 15 mins to look over 8 questions. I then met with a 3 personal panel. The format was relaxed and the questions were more "what skills would you use to do xyz" rather than behavioral or situational based questions. After the interview, which took about a hour there was a written exam which consisted of a critical thinking question and editing a word document. Overall the interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you prepare for stressful events, like this interview?   Answer Question

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Montana (Helena, MT) in June 2016.

Interview

They provide printed questions they are going to ask 30 or so minutes before the process. Then a panel will ask you questions and take notes on your response. They also collect the sheet of printed questions at the end of the interview (so don't write anything silly on it as a friend of mine once did).

Interview Questions

• They asked a general question about data. How you would go about taking data from one place and using it in Excel.   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Montana (Helena, MT).

Interview

The state had me take two online tests for competency. One was an intelligence exam. The other was a programming proficiency exam
    I interviewed with three individuals. The process took about an hour. It took a few days to make an offer after a background check and references were checked.

Interview Questions

• Describe the life cycle process of software development.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Montana.

Interview

Very structured interview with basic real estate questions with the aim of determine weather or not you know what a home is. Six questions total. Overall a very easy interview.

Attorney - Child Abuse and Neglect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Montana (Helena, MT) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with one AG attorney, the lead AG staff attorney and head of the DPHHS department. Positive experience. Well directed questions, personable approach. Honest in explaining duties and expectations of position. After providing required paperwork through AG's application process and making first cut, was placed in office area where a written exam was administered. The exam was a "what would you do under these circumstances" practical exam. Those questions and answers were reviewed during the interview. While I did not get the offer, and the position required too much travel for my circumstances, I enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• If you had several cases pending, how would you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Montana (Billings, MT) in October 2014.

Interview

A short face to face interview consisting of a small panel. Consisted of three supervisors who clearly did not get along well. They asked inappropriate personal questions regarding age and commented on the failings of current employees who were of opposite gender.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed and why?   2 Answers

Interview

The work culture is very friendly with employees and managers working together as a team to accomplish goals.

Interview Questions

• Question regarding how to market a shared content management system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate at the time I was hired. That may be different now.

Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Montana (Bozeman, MT) in September 2013.

Interview

Long and arduous. Arbitrary employment questions. First had to submit a lengthy state application. Received a call 2 months after submitting and they scheduled a phone interview. The next day, a personality profile was scheduled, 1 week later did a background check consent. 1 month later had a group interview after, 1-1 later that day, drug screen the next day and an offer 2 days later

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts at work. Give an example.   1 Answer

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Montana (Missoula, MT) in August 2013.

Interview

The Managing Attorney called me up, based on my experience and asked if i'd be interested in taking the position. I had gained a reputation for good work in poverty law.

License/Permit Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State of Montana (Helena, MT) in August 2013.

Interview

First the apps are rated and narrowed down, then you will be tested and that will be graded, and finally an interview panel. Once everyone is done someone will be offered the job. It's a long process