State of Nevada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Nevada Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Nevada.

Interview

It is a panel interview...they have a list of questions they ask all workers...remeber to make eye contact with everyone ....interview is probable 20 minutes topsfd dfd fd fd d fd

Family Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

3 panel interview. Little eye contact, mostly they were writing down responses. Did not seem really interested in my answers, had read on this Web site that they don't like to hire people from California, I tend to agree.

Interview Questions

• If a superior told you to do something you disagreed with how would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • How do u handle a co worker that does not like you?   1 Answer
    • Why are you the best person for the job?   Answer Question
    • What are the duties of Family Services Specialist.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

The managers seemed as if I was wasting their time while they interviewed me. I have worked at the state before as a contractor, and had a letter of recommendation from my previous supervisor there. They also quoted me different salaries and did not present an official job description.
    After they decided to hire me, they dropped the ball, big time. They didn't ask me to sign a background investigation consent until the second week after they offered me the position.
    Management never contacted me after I passed the background investigation. The offer was rescinded due to the fact that I needed to give my current employer two weeks notice.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Nevada.

Interview

Applied online through their website and got called within a few days after submitting the application....did an interview and took awhile to get a response back. Very nice people and easy structure

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at State of Nevada.

Interview

The interview was easy. The questions were basic interview questions. You should know what the position entails. So study the job announcement. Practicing the other interview questions on here was a big help.
    At the end, I asked them, "What's the best part about this job?" and they really opened up. I think that helped me. I've heard that the questions you ask are often more important than the answers you give.

Family Services Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

The process can take quite a bit of time. I was invited to take the test around 3 months after I applied, and invited to interview around 1 month after that. My scheduled time was about an hour before the actual interview. In the invitation email, I was told they scheduled time to go over paperwork, but if your paperwork is in order, that only takes about 15-20 minutes. Everyone I spoke with was very pleasant and helpful. The interview was a 3 person panel with standard, logical questions. Know the mission statement. I did receive an answer within the time frame I was told to expect it.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the services offered by the department?   Answer Question

Revenue Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Henderson, NV).

Interview

The application was fairly simple. I waited six months from time of application until I was sent an email inviting me to take an exam. The exam consisted of accounting and policy writing questions. It took about 30 minutes to complete. I waited another month until I was called to come in for an interview. The interview was a panel interview with three women, one of which was a supervisor. I was asked very basic questions.

Interview Questions

Pay was extremely low in relation to the job duties required of this position.

Psychiatric Caseworker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

Very thorough and interactive. The supervisor stuck to the script. They did not go over the alloted time for the interview. After the interview you have to write a case not detailing how you assisted and interacted with a family and client.

Health Program Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job in December through the online application and was called in for an interview within three to four weeks. The interview went pretty well. The program manager interviewed me as well as two other staff members who were on the phone. I have not heard back as of yet whether I have been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What were my goals in 5 and 10 years?   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of a time when you have made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What characteristics do you like the most and least about your current boss?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with working with partners that are difficult?   Answer Question
    • They also wanted to know if I had experience in program management, working with health data, grant writing, and budgeting.   Answer Question

Family Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Reno, NV) in December 2015.

Interview

If you meet the minimum qualifications you'll be invited to take the required exam "paraprofessional" - mine was about a month later. If you pass they'll call you in for an interview that took about an hour. Prior to the interview they have you complete a math quiz having to do with calculating someone's pay and maximum benefits if they are also receiving UI. Afterwards the admin person has you complete several forms ( mostly confirming your understanding of the job and some of their policies). Then she gives you a sheet with all the interview questions and gives you time to fill it out Before taking you into a meeting room where 3 women were waiting to conduct a panel interview (using the questions you already filled out on the questionnaire).
    The ladies were very nice and professional and after asking the interview questions they allowed me to ask them any questions. They also confirmed, if I were hired, that I'd be able to complete 3 months of training in Carson City.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly centered around identifying my strengths / weaknesses, customer service skills / experience, and how I handle customer conflict.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable