State of Nevada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Nevada Interview Questions

Interviews at State of Nevada

2.8

Policy Analyst Interview

Interview

This interview was literally like every other interview i've ever had. I was asked general and typical interview questions that are asked in most every interview. general and typical questions about job history, and professional goals. There were questions about education background and of course questions about salary requirements.

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2010.

Interview

An online application followed by taking an exam. Test results are quick and mailed to home address
    Contacted by supervisor of state agency
    Interview with two supervisors Grilling questions about team work and attitudes toward co-workers
    Quick job offer within 24 hours
    FBI background check and fingerprint cards paid for by job candidate

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations available
    Job titlles are deceiving
    Pension contributions are very high which leaves you with not enough money to pay your monthly expenses
    and pension participation is mandatory

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Nevada.

Interview

Applied online through their website and got called within a few days after submitting the application....did an interview and took awhile to get a response back. Very nice people and easy structure

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

First interview was with one manager. Second interview was with a panel of managers. There was a computer/typing test at a separate location on another day. I also had to be fingerprinted and agree to a criminal background test.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my computer skills and how I prioritize.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

The managers seemed as if I was wasting their time while they interviewed me. I have worked at the state before as a contractor, and had a letter of recommendation from my previous supervisor there. They also quoted me different salaries and did not present an official job description.
    After they decided to hire me, they dropped the ball, big time. They didn't ask me to sign a background investigation consent until the second week after they offered me the position.
    Management never contacted me after I passed the background investigation. The offer was rescinded due to the fact that I needed to give my current employer two weeks notice.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

The hiring process takes forever. First you have to take a test, make a certain score, then your name is put on a list.Not sure how long your name is on the list but mine has been there for six months. If you finally get called for an interview, you could wait another month or two before a hiring decision is made. Then you may not even know if you didn't get hired

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses --- that is the worst interview question ever!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Reno, NV) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied and received call to set up interview at the Division that was hiring. Panel of 5 in Department. Asked typical questions about relatable experience and why I wanted the job. They said I would hear back in 5-7 days, which I did and was offered the job.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online April 2014. Weeks later I had to take a test in a testing center. I earned a good score. About a month later I was called for an interview and skills test. I thought I did well on both. 6 weeks after that I was called for a second interview. I received a rejection letter in late July 2014.
    It turns out I was on a list of eligible applicants with the state. I was called by another department in September 2014. I interviewed. They checked my background/references etc. I start November 2014. It's a long process but if you remain patient you can get a job. The starting pay was lower than expected but I hear the benefits and job security are pretty good.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of a time you had conflict with a coworker and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Explain your multitasking skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a. Pay is what it is.

Administrative Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, then waited about 5 months before I was contacted for an interview. When I got to the interview, I had to fill out a sheet giving references from past jobs. The interview panel consisted of 2 people, who basically asked questions from a form and apologized for not looking up so much, due to writing. It lasted about 15 or 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Got another job offer before I received the offer from the State of Nevada, which didn't require mandatory furloughs.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

mostly you are asked the usual questions about your resume and why you want to work at their office. The questions are not difficult. You should study the law which you will be litigating.

Interview Questions

• My greatest professional accomplishment   1 Answer