State of Nevada Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 57 of over 57 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV)

Interview

Took two months to get an interview. You're entered into a pool and different agencies can pick you to interview. If an agency doesn't pick you, then you are put back into the pool.

Interview Questions
  • If they give you a definition of something, remember the definition and be prepared to explain "what you think" about it.
    Answer Question

State of Nevada

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at State of Nevada

Interview

First, a phone call from an administrative assistant setting up the interview and logistics. Second, a 30 min to 1 hour long phone interview with a panel of managers, very casual. They asked about my experience with SAS programming and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Reno, NV) in Jun 2021

Interview

There were three people at the interview each person asked a specific question and then the next would. They were waiting to see your answer, it felt a little uncomfortable at times. The wait to find out if you got the job is very long,.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

State of Nevada

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Nevada in Jun 2021

Interview

Took about one year to hear back. The interview ran about 40 minutes long. The panel said they really wanted to hire me and then three weeks later got an email they didn't. Which honestly was a bummer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

State of Nevada

Application

I interviewed at State of Nevada

Interview

You get to write out the answers to the questions before the interview. It was overall an easy and good experience. I was less nervous after being able to see the questions first.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

State of Nevada

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nevada

Interview

I applied for the job and got a call from HR about 2 weeks after the job posting closed. I scheduled a video interview for a week later. During the interview, I was on camera but the interviewers were not. SO unprofessional. Like at least put a picture of yourself up or just do a phone interview! The interview itself was pretty brutal. 14 questions and at least 10 were behavioral. No chit chat or small talk. Basically just question after question with no feedback or conversation whatsoever. I’m extremely qualified for the position but did not get an offer. I would bet that they already had someone internal pegged for the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV) in Dec 2020

Interview

The first portion of the interview was a phone call screening to advise me of what the position would consist of (WSR I DVOP) and the pay rate. Also due to COVID-19, the position would not be worked until returning to the office but in the meantime, there would be assistance with the unemployment department (DETR). Then an actual zoom interview was scheduled. The zoom interview was with the department manager and two other high positions in the department. It was about 30-45 minutes long of being asked questions pertaining to the position. Describe a time when, explain how you would handle, have you ever been involved, how much experience do you have with, etc. The interview concluded and I was told they would follow up in a few weeks. I received an email stating I was not selected but then was contacted a little over a month later asking if I was still interested in the position due to an issue with the system sending out the wrong emails. I was informed if I was interested, there wouldn’t be movement towards starting until the second week of March. Timeline of Events: - 9/02/2020 - APPLIED - 11/20/2020 - PHONE CALL SCREENING - 12/03/2020 - ZOOM INTERVIEW - 12/31/2020 - NOT SELECTED FOLLOW-UP - 02/05/2021 - ASKED IF STILL INTERESTED - 02/11/2020 - FOLLOW UP INTENT TO OFFER It is February 22, 2020 & I’m currently waiting to hear back. Should be getting a call the first week of March.

Interview Questions
  • Are you familiar with programs available to disabled veterans in our city?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Carson City, NV) in Sep 2019

Interview

A written test right before the interview and a panel of 4 interviewed. Written test consists of questions from required qualifications(skills) and in panel interview, most of the questions were related to past experience and required skillset for the position and additional skills you have in IT. Ad few more general HR interview questions like why do you thing that you are a good fit to this position and why to want to work for state, etc

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Reno, NV) in Aug 2019

Interview

The interview itself was pretty relaxed. I interviewed with two members of the team, as well as one remote member out of Las Vegas. The questions were fairly standard, nothing out of the ordinary. What I didn't like however, was the fact that they don't bother to follow up with you to let you know the position has been filled. I understand not every company does this, but I see it as pretty damaging to their reputation as I would never consider working here again, for any position. I also specifically reached out to politely follow up and was completely ignored.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a difficult situation you've been in. What was it, and how did you handle it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Nevada (Carson City, NV) in May 2019

Interview

Interview process was quite professional and courteous, plus thorough to adequately vet candidates for positions. Contained typical questions related to previous experiences, along with situational response questions. Also went through series of situations to verify knowledge, personality, and general intelligence.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Interviews