State of New Jersey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of New Jersey Interview Questions

2.8

Family Service Specialist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at State of New Jersey (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Received an interview invitation to a job fest for the FSST position by mail. Once I accepted they sent me an application packet to bring completed to interview day including references.

They go over a few documents to make sure you completed them correctly. Described what does an FSST does and gave a us a writing sample task.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • They give you a case scenario and ask you a few questions on how you will handle the situation, how and who you will investigate to get the correct facts.   1 Answer

Director of Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State of New Jersey (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Two sessions. The initial interview was 1:1 with the hiring manager which was more specific to the job requirements. A follow-up interview was scheduled with the transition team and encompassed multiple interviews in the same day.

Interview Questions

• Explain my experience in administrative and financial roles?   1 Answer

State Job Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of New Jersey in May 2016.

Interview

Lengthy process through Civil Service processes. Took 6 months from application to offer. Staff was pleasant and supportive. Interview with 2 people. Expectations of position clearly outlined

Health Data Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of New Jersey in April 2016.

Interview

Long process. 4+ months from application to interview call. In-person interview in Trenton. 3 person interview. The job seemed more than was described in the posting. This group was relatively small with heavy workload. Contrary to popular belief, state workers do a lot of work with limited resources and staff. There also seemed to be a lot of bureaucracy to deal with. Office space was cramped and outdated. Staff came across as overwhelmed and somewhat dissatisfied.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Mostly related to the job description   Answer Question

Assistant Division Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

5 person interview with scripted questions. The overall process was not positive, as my skills were not able to be presented or challenged. There was little interaction and little room for dynamic interchange.

Interview Questions

• Mostly regarding how I would handle negative issues   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ).

Interview

Met with HR Manager and the person who would be my immediate Supervisor. We sat together and the interview lasted approximately 1/2 hour. The building/campus and office were I interviewed is very nice!

Interview Questions

• Questions were specific to the job description and my related experience. None of the private sector cliche questions like... "so...tell me a little about yourself". I was very straight forward and concentrated almost entirely on the position at hand and my ability to handle the job. The supervisor took the time to explain fully the position and what was expected of me. I left there feeling very excited about working there, and hoping that I would be selected for the position!   1 Answer

Family Service Specialist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sewell, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State of New Jersey (Sewell, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

If you are picked for an interview, they will mail you packet to fill out to bring to Jobfest. At jobfest you are interviewed by several people from different locations. They decide if they want to offer you a personal interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions are scenario questions. They want to see how you would react in different situations.   3 Answers

Information Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at State of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ).

Interview

The State took 8 months to get back to me on an interview, but the questions were very open ended, and I even had to take a test prior to the interview

Administrative Analyst I Data Processing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Very nice and open group of people. Everyone listened while I spoke. Very helpful about explaining policies with the company. I was given a tour around the building. Everything went smooth and they hired me immediately.

Interview Questions

• Would the commute be difficult for you?   1 Answer

Legal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a number of agencies for the Legal Specialist position. Generally most were 1 round interviews. They were on a hiring freeze at the time I received the tentative offer so I ultimately moved on and found something else. Because they were on a hiring freeze they were only able to advertise jobs and could not actually make formal offers until they went through a series of approval processes.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions i.e., 'tell me about yourself' 'how would you handle this situation...' 'how familiar are you with this area of law'   Answer Question