State of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at State of North Carolina

2.9

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Good. I was interviewed by several managers and was test quiz. Over all the interview went well. Was given tour. Many questions were asked about patient care. I responded by telling them that I have many years working with the public and enjoy my experience of helping people with and without disabilities because it brings such joy to me to always treat someone the same way you would like to be treated.

Interview Questions

• How would you benefit form working this job?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Cary, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

Applied to the job online. Got a call from HR about 2 weeks later. Had a initial technical interview with HR that went well so they scheduled an in person interview. The interview was a group interview. They asked questions about your working experience then they asked some detailed questions about database commands, and J2EE design and pattern.

Interview Questions

• What is the syntax of SQL commands for joining database table?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of North Carolina.

Interview

You sit at a table with 8 or 9 people and they go around asking you questions. You have to talk to all of them and they try to trip you up if possible.

Assistant District Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2011.

Interview

They will ask you questions such as your position on the death penalty, why criminal law, why prosecution versus defense and they will definitely make you argue a closing statement on the spot.

Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butner, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Butner, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

It was an average one on one interview. The director reviewed the job descriptions with me. I was then asked various questions pertaining to my previous experience. The director and myself discussed the population of people that I would be working with and asked my experience with working in a locked facility environment.

Interview Questions

• What skills could I bring to the department.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about 2 weeks later. They didn't do a phone interview, but asked me to come for an in -person interview. I was interviewed by 3 people who took turns asking me pre-printed questions. They told me the interview would take 45 minutes, but it actually took 2 hours. I was called the next day and asked to come back for a second interview. The second interview was with the head of the department and took about 30 minutes. I was offered the position the next week. I turned down the offer because the salary was very low. It was on the low end of the range I was quoted.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (New Bern, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was 3 people asking questions. The whole thing took about 1/2 hour. The questions were all pre-printed questions that they took turns asking. They were the standard questions plus a few about past experience.

Teacher Interview

Interview

Internet

Interview Questions

• Do you want to continue your education?   1 Answer

Library Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Standard interview panel, take turns asking questions and they must write down everything you say. They are required to do this because it is policy of state government to do so, so if something happens down the road they have something to investigate. It took a long time to get a call, maybe 2 months after I had applied, though after the interview they let me know fairly quickly that they would like to hire me.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone call, met with technical team, then with the managers. Polite, all candidates get same questions, handled fairly. Interview several divisions. Current employees where all given first opportunity at the positions. Positions extremely hard to get because internal candidates get first option.

Interview Questions

• How to handle customer interactions during a hurricane   1 Answer