State of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about 2 weeks later. They didn't do a phone interview, but asked me to come for an in -person interview. I was interviewed by 3 people who took turns asking me pre-printed questions. They told me the interview would take 45 minutes, but it actually took 2 hours. I was called the next day and asked to come back for a second interview. The second interview was with the head of the department and took about 30 minutes. I was offered the position the next week. I turned down the offer because the salary was very low. It was on the low end of the range I was quoted.

Research and Policy Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of North Carolina in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted to schedule an initial phone interview with a panel of three senior employees. They asked only four questions about my experience with statistical analysis, policy research, managing meetings, and communicating results. I was told that a second interview would be conducted with top candidates. before an offer is made.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have managing meetings?   1 Answer

Disability Determination Specialist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

A disorganized HEADACHE!!!! I was called for testing & told not to be late. I was very early and there were 70 other people there testing with me...most of which were allowed to come in late. There was a 1 hour test first...then they had to grade it. They handed out letters to everyone letting us know if we passed & then we took a 5 min "break"...AKA, let those who failed leave discretely. After that, we were given interview times. I was called LAST and was told that they had nothing left for today. What an inconvenience. So, I have to take off work from the job I DO have, to spend another hour answering questions I just answered in the test. Lastly, there was a written exercise of 3 interview questions. That, too, was timed. The entire process was very disorganized and filled with a bunch of ghetto people who seemed to know each other from the ghetto jobs they were all trying to leave. The entire experience makes me want to stay right where I am. I am very disappointed. Since my interview is tomorrow, I won't be able to answer the question about being offered the job accurately. I am sure I will get it because I am professional and know how to behave at an interview. The question is, do I want to work here???

Interview Questions

Interview

There are three parts to the interview process. One has to complete an online application and when selected they will come in a complete a pre screening exam. After passing the exam there is a written part, and then you can go forward with an in person interview with two people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at State of North Carolina.

Interview

Cut and dry. They read you a list of 15 questions that are regarding the job you are applying for and they ask questions in regard to dealing with diffacult people or co workers

Interview Questions

• They ask basic questions regarding the fundamentals of your area of concentration and also how to deal with co workers   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (New Bern, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was 3 people asking questions. The whole thing took about 1/2 hour. The questions were all pre-printed questions that they took turns asking. They were the standard questions plus a few about past experience.

Human Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Basic one on one sit down interview. Director asked in between 5-7 standard interview questions that required basic answers. The position I interviewed for was not a high ranking or pay position so, interviews for positions that held more responsibility might be much different.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

IT Manager 2'nd Shift Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The State uses a structured interview process where 3 or more people do the interviewing which consists of pre-approved questiones that are asked of every interviewee. The last 2 questions ask if you have anything to add to help in the selection process and do you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Processing Assistant V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, was called about a month later for interview which was with 5 people who asked a series of printed questions. It lasted about an hour. 3 months later was called back for another interview but never got the job

Interview Questions

• They were a series of printed questions about past job situations mostly and how I handled them   Answer Question

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Good. I was interviewed by several managers and was test quiz. Over all the interview went well. Was given tour. Many questions were asked about patient care. I responded by telling them that I have many years working with the public and enjoy my experience of helping people with and without disabilities because it brings such joy to me to always treat someone the same way you would like to be treated.

Interview Questions

• How would you benefit form working this job?   1 Answer