State of Ohio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Ohio Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and informal; only asked questions about previous experience and explained what the hired intern would be doing day-to-day. There were two developers and the HR representative on the panel. The interview took about ten minutes, and then came the coding assessment.

Interview Questions

• They had me complete a coding test, mostly focusing on the ionic framework and JavaScript. I was allowed to use all available resources during this time (Google, Stack Overflow, etc.).

Basically, they gave me a piece of paper that had a picture of a formatted table with data in it. The goal of the test was to recreate the design(Ionic), and populate the table with JavaScript objects that were given to me. At the time, I wasn't too familiar with JavaScript so I only finished the design portion.
      Answer Question

Investments Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I spoke with someone at the Treasurer's Office over the phone and arranged an interview for two weeks later. At the office I met with someone from the investments group and spoke about my background, interest in the position, and the major job responsibilities. This was an entry level analyst role helping to manage three of the Treasury's funds by supporting their trading operation. The interview focused mostly on my background and interest in the position with a few basic technical questions and resume prodding. The interviewer was friendly and did his best to explain the position and answer any questions I had.

Telecommunications Operator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was very easy and relaxed. Then the Background interview was pretty intense, but still not too stressful. You are asked many detailed questions on the phone and then in person once the background check is done.

Customer Service Representative (Administrative Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online by submitting my resume and answering several questions. I was then contacted about an interview. They used a group interview process with 4 members of the staff participating and each asking different questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this department? Why do you want to work for this department?   Answer Question

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Westerville, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

You apply online and then wait to receive communication from the agency. The first interview is set before a panel. The second interview is set before the panel and the executive staff. The offer could be made in person at the second interview or over the phone.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation where I had conflict with a supervisor and how I handled it   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

First day of the interview was a skills test. If you qualified with the skills test you were then invited to come back for a panel interview.
    Overall in the beginning everyone was polite and great to talk with. I felt a real level of professionalism and connection with everyone I talked with.
    Communication methods have been email and phone.
    Post interview has been the worst professional experience ever. The management said they would be notifying about the position in a week. The week had past and no information. I have naturally assumed I did not get the job. I emailed inquiring about the status of the position, but I have had no response from anyone about my inquiries. I have called also inquiring about the position. Every call has directed me to voicemail and no one has yet to return my calls.
    Why would a government agency fail to respond to inquiries about a position I interviewed for?
    If this is the post interview communication and professionalism level, I am certainly glad I was not offered a position with them.

Case Manager Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Ohio in November 2011.

Interview

A civil service test and a grammar was given. The grammar test was easy. I didn't time myself properly and didn't complete the other test. It was divided into 5 sections and I didn't get to the 5th section. It was tricky but not really extremely hard.

Interview Questions

• Detailed tricky analysis questions that are hard to remember   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Ohio in August 2010.

Interview

Research the company and job description to be prepared