State of Ohio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Therapeutic Program Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

It was a long application to interview period that allowed for the hiring manager and HR personnel to ask Behavioral questions and their interest was in how I planned to make the job a better place.

Interview Questions

• What difference did I expect from the community to the hospital environment?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Met with two department directors and the HR director, casual interview asking mostly to speak about your work experience. Second interview was with one additional person, similar questions and atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• How was your experience at [x company] and what did you accomplish?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Given an hourly rate

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and informal; only asked questions about previous experience and explained what the hired intern would be doing day-to-day. There were two developers and the HR representative on the panel. The interview took about ten minutes, and then came the coding assessment.

Interview Questions

• They had me complete a coding test, mostly focusing on the ionic framework and JavaScript. I was allowed to use all available resources during this time (Google, Stack Overflow, etc.).

Basically, they gave me a piece of paper that had a picture of a formatted table with data in it. The goal of the test was to recreate the design(Ionic), and populate the table with JavaScript objects that were given to me. At the time, I wasn't too familiar with JavaScript so I only finished the design portion.
      Answer Question

Independent Caregiver Interview

Interview

go online and fill out all of the very confusing state of ohio questions. Then it takes about 90 days to become a caregiver. Then you must get your first aid cert. and pay for a back ground check

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

The position was a contract position. The interview was a standard panel interview. They took the time to explain the current environment and ask questions related to it. The duration was one hour. Everyone in the interview was wearing a suit or dress. The office environment was casual. No "got you" type questions. Very professional.

Seamstress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

the Major was very kind and willing to work with my schedule and accommodating to anything that I may have needed. he was engaging when we conversed and pleasant to deal with. overall, he was supportive and gentle spirited.

Interview Questions

• was I familiar with sewing uniform patches?   1 Answer

Senate Page Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

this was a very simple process. i went in, answered the interview questions and got the job on the spot. i still work there and it is a great college job

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite book   1 Answer

IT Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Ohio.

Interview

Manager emailed me to set up interview, not HR. I was required to come into the office for my first interview and was told when to come. I was not asked what times would work for me. The first interview was fairly normal asking job specific questions. Then HR asked about salary requirements. The second (final) interview was with the CIO and had a lot of the same questions. Prepare to answer what the agency does.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about state government/this specific agency?   Answer Question

Investments Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I spoke with someone at the Treasurer's Office over the phone and arranged an interview for two weeks later. At the office I met with someone from the investments group and spoke about my background, interest in the position, and the major job responsibilities. This was an entry level analyst role helping to manage three of the Treasury's funds by supporting their trading operation. The interview focused mostly on my background and interest in the position with a few basic technical questions and resume prodding. The interviewer was friendly and did his best to explain the position and answer any questions I had.

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

A little less than I expected: 5 people in the process and none of them associated in any ay with the job I was applying for. The interview questions were straight out of the book: "Tell us about a time you were disappointed with yourself". Etc., etc. There were no questions about the actual job or how I might fit in or how I would see my role improving the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were disappointed with yourself.   1 Answer