State of Ohio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Ohio Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.8

IT Specialist Interview

Interview

Be prepared for a lengthy process. The jobs was posted in November. I applied when it was posted. I never received any feed back until January when I was called for a interview. There was not standard interview with HR which was good. However, there is a panel interview with 2 managers. During this interview they take turns asking you a series of questions, where they each score your results. The interview lasted about an hour. I never heard anything back until May, and did not start work until a month later.

Negotiation

Very little. The state has salary ranges and steps.

Attorney Interview

Interview

Interviewing at the Ohio Public Defender's office can be a lengthy process. It was a few weeks after I submitted my resume in response to their ad that I was contacted. The interview was set up for the following week. I was interviewed by two attorneys before meeting with the Ohio Public Defender. It was just one interview but it was another three weeks before I was called and offered the job. The atmosphere was very casual, with everyone wearing jeans.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of Ohio.

Interview

The entire process is slow and takes at least three months to complete. It is inefficient and poorly managed. The entrance exam was created by an employee with no test design experience.

Negotiation

It's government, so there is no negotiation.

Independent Caregiver Interview

Interview

go online and fill out all of the very confusing state of ohio questions. Then it takes about 90 days to become a caregiver. Then you must get your first aid cert. and pay for a back ground check

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

Two panel interviews - first one of canned questions, second one had canned, but in-depth questions. 1 written test, 1 presentation.

Interview Questions

• None. All were elementary. Most difficult thing was not laughing at one of the 3 IT Managers in the panel who dozed during the interview and didn't participate at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typical - offer/counter, settled near middle.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

online application, on site testing.... very easy... Apply online at public website, build a profile. There is nothing else to add. Very simple, low stress situation. A lot of intermittent to permanent positions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Janitor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Ohio in September 2010.

Interview

was to fast and they did not care a bout me all they want to know if i could do the job, and be on time will be back if i dont get a job soon!

Interview Questions

• could you stay over and do some one work with no pay   1 Answer

Negotiation

took what they gave me

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

A little less than I expected: 5 people in the process and none of them associated in any ay with the job I was applying for. The interview questions were straight out of the book: "Tell us about a time you were disappointed with yourself". Etc., etc. There were no questions about the actual job or how I might fit in or how I would see my role improving the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were disappointed with yourself.   1 Answer

Senate Page Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

this was a very simple process. i went in, answered the interview questions and got the job on the spot. i still work there and it is a great college job

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite book   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Ohio in April 2010.

Interview

Ther were 2 interviewers from differing levels of management in the interview. Be sure to research your department before interviewing as they take great stock in your questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience prepared you for the particulars of this position?   Answer Question