State of Ohio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Ohio Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.8

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State of Ohio.

Interview

Specific questions asked. No additional information offered to elaborate questions. Panel of interviewers. Lasted 1 hour. Must score at least 70%. Interviewee was shown around the facility. Only 1 interview step, then offer came.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for a role as staff attorney for a state agency. A key member of their team was retiring and they needed someone who could take over the many job duties assigned to that person.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Panel based. Was composed of a correctional officer within the department and a lieutenant. The interview went very smoothly and the questions were not all that tough. I was offered a job a couple of days after the panel interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Massillon, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

A panel interview with at least one person from HR and 2-3 from Nursing. Questions asked such as scenarios and how you would react. The panel fully describes the mission statement, hours of work and that it is a Union facility

Seamstress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

the Major was very kind and willing to work with my schedule and accommodating to anything that I may have needed. he was engaging when we conversed and pleasant to deal with. overall, he was supportive and gentle spirited.

Interview Questions

• was I familiar with sewing uniform patches?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and informal; only asked questions about previous experience and explained what the hired intern would be doing day-to-day. There were two developers and the HR representative on the panel. The interview took about ten minutes, and then came the coding assessment.

Interview Questions

• They had me complete a coding test, mostly focusing on the ionic framework and JavaScript. I was allowed to use all available resources during this time (Google, Stack Overflow, etc.).

Basically, they gave me a piece of paper that had a picture of a formatted table with data in it. The goal of the test was to recreate the design(Ionic), and populate the table with JavaScript objects that were given to me. At the time, I wasn't too familiar with JavaScript so I only finished the design portion.   Answer Question

Therapeutic Program Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

It was a long application to interview period that allowed for the hiring manager and HR personnel to ask Behavioral questions and their interest was in how I planned to make the job a better place.

Interview Questions

• What difference did I expect from the community to the hospital environment?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Met with two department directors and the HR director, casual interview asking mostly to speak about your work experience. Second interview was with one additional person, similar questions and atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• How was your experience at [x company] and what did you accomplish?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Given an hourly rate

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

The questions were all oral interview questions with a panel of interviewers. The questions were program related and required program understanding along with hypothetical questions that sought proposed solutions. The interview was a two part interview on different dates as the selection of candidates was narrowed down.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when presented this hypothetical issue   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation took approximately a week and was not that difficult.

Interview

go online and fill out all of the very confusing state of ohio questions. Then it takes about 90 days to become a caregiver. Then you must get your first aid cert. and pay for a back ground check