State of Oklahoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.5

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muskogee, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Oklahoma (Muskogee, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

One on one with the chief of security. Was asked three questions. Usually the interviews are panel. I assume since staff is so short handed the interview was a little different.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Oklahoma (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

asked questions, took test, waited a long time, had to call HR. she doesn't know a whole lot about her job, unfortunately. got a call back saying i was hired. had to take a drug test and give my id .

Accrediting Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Oklahoma in October 2015.

Interview

Very friendly atmosphere, personnel were very knowledgeable. In depth good quality questions. Communication was excellent between hiring manager and myself. Responded to all my questions within 24 hours. Nothing negative to report

Child Welfare Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tahlequah, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Oklahoma (Tahlequah, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 women, not who scheduled the interview. They were not to decide who was awarded the job. The interview was scripted. I was given a copy of the script. There was also a written portion for me to answer. The questions were read to me while I also read them. Some of the questions were ambiguous. Friendly atmosphere, well paced, not boring.

Interview Questions

• The requisite question, What is you greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

There wasn't really much of an interview, because they were so short staffed and needed people right away. I went and applied and was offered an interview for the next day. You do, however, have to pass a background check. I would say make sure you really want to work for the state before you apply. It it easy to get a job at a long term care facility like I did. All you have to do is pass a background check and fingerprinting. The benefits are great, but they work you into the ground.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job entails?   1 Answer

Social Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Oklahoma (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed by a small panel for almost an hour. They had standard questions that they asked all applicants. They recorded my answers by hand and took turns asking me questions. Questions related to past work, personal philosophies and job expectations.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important for the government to help its citizens?   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Oklahoma.

Interview

Classified have more steps than unclassified employees. Unclassified are often classified staff who move up. Nice increase in salary for unclassified but can be fired on no reason if new bosses don't like you.

VR Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State of Oklahoma.

Interview

Pleasant interview were case management questions. Few behavioral questions. Panel consist of three people one is the Program Manager and upper level counselors. Interview consists of 6-7 questions. Nothing difficult, interview lasted no longer than 30 minutes.

Negotiation

N/A

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Oklahoma (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

There were 2 interviews. The initial one was with my immediate supervisor and 2 other members of the unit, there was no flexibility on the date, they were just doing the interviews that day and they would not do an exception. The second one that the manager of the unit and it was very informal, but after that the decision was made really fast actually it was the same day of the second interview. After that it was 1 month to start because of the background check.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Oklahoma.

Interview

Apply online. Interview with HR and elected official. Prefer degree. Typing and clerical test in no degree.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for entry levels.