State of Oregon Human Service Specialist III (Intake) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Oregon Human Service Specialist III (Intake) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Human Service Specialist III (Intake) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at State of Oregon in July 2011.

Interview

The application process is online with the State of Oregon website, then all communication was through email (application received confirmation, interview invitation, interview confirmation, results of the interview). Scheduling of the interview occurred through the website. The interview invitation email stated that it would be a test, but that was standard language and I was really scheduling an interview time. I had the option to pick a date and time provided out of 8 time slots (which became fewer as more people picked their time slot).

As mentioned in a previous review, I was told that I should arrive 15 minutes early to review the interview questions. However, I was able to keep the questions throughout the interview and they were asked to me in "round robin" fashion by a panel of 4 staff. I did not have to memorize the questions and then give a monologue including all the points they desired me to discuss. I think this could be because I interviewed at a smaller office rather than a larger one. I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I had at the end of the interview. The panel of 4 staff was formal, but nice.

The process from start to finish was long. I applied early after the job posting, but I did not hear anything until after the close date of the posting. Then, the interviews were schedule a few weeks after that. It took three weeks to hear a response after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience related to the job and working with this population?   Answer Question
  • What is your experience working under regulations and procedures?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of working through conflict and how you handle an upset person.   Answer Question