State of Oregon Office Specialist II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Oregon Office Specialist II Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Klamath Falls, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was with four managers. They sat at a table facing me, I sat at another table facing them. They asked about six questions and wrote down my answers as I was talking. They didn't respond, make eye contact, and were pretty much cold, therefore it made the interview so impersonal.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State of Oregon

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Oregon (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Usually 4 to 5 people on the interview panel, very little eye contact, they take turns asking questions and then write down your answers, as you are speaking. It can sometimes take several weeks four them to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time when you had to help an angry customer.   Answer Question

Office Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Oregon.

Interview

I walked in the office and was greeted by a rude receptionist. She handed me a set of questions to answer and I had fifteen minutes to review them. I could write notes down and keep it with me as the interview was served. I was greeted by a Human resources office manager and she wlaked me back to an office with another manager. They both sat down and intorduced themselves then told me to introduce myself. Then they told me to read and answer each question. As I did, they had additional questions for me after each reponse. When the interview was done and I was leaving I had to turn in my questions with my notes. I felt nervous during the interview and the atmosphere was stern.

Office Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Oregon.

Interview

Typical State of Oregon interview process, if there is such a thing. Panel interview, usually two rounds. Questions available 15 minutes prior to interview for review. Make sure to get there early so you get the 15 minutes to prepare and review questions. One thing about the State or Oregon job interview process is that every experience can be different depending on the hiring manager and the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected or difficult, but "Tell us about a situation where you had a conflict with a coworker or manager and how you resolved it".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered the offer based on my last rate of pay with the State and it was matched after getting appropriate approval. Employees new to the State will likely not have much negotiating power unless it's an executive level position. A lot of people look at the pay range and assume they may get a starting offer anywhere on that scale and that's not the case. Rarely does an agency bring someone in at more than the 2nd or 3rd step.