State of South Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed with medical director and supervisor in person, they were profrofessional, but there were many applicants.

Interview Questions

• What tasks would I do if there was no work to be done at the moment   1 Answer
    • How would I deal with difficult people   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of South Carolina in December 2016.

Interview

First was an email to set up phone interview. Phone interview was with 3 or 4 committy members and asked 3 questions. 1 on hipaa, one on experience and one on a personal level. Then follow up email a couple days later to offer a 2nd interview in person. Going for that one this week so well see how it goes

Interview Questions

• what does confidentiality mean to you and are you able to abide by guidelines of privacy   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone interview to offer for 2nd interview

Mental Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in July 2009.

Interview

Good interview process but long waits (3 months+) to actually begin work. "Network" connections trump past experience in many cases.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaufort, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Beaufort, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Three weeks after submitting an application, I was contacted by a HR rep to schedule interviews. I was not in the local area at this time so she gave me the option for phone interview. We designated a time for her to call back. A panel of three HR reps interviewed me on speaker.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied at the end of August and I received a call to set up an interview a week later. I had a small panel interview about 2 weeks after applying. The interviewers were so nice and warm. Being a former interviewer I must say that was an awesome panel with awesome questions that really allow the interviewee to sell themselves. I received a call from one of my references a hour after the interview telling me they called to get a precise view of who I really am. My current supervisor was really busy the next day and they couldn't get in touch with her, so they called me to get a number of another one of my supervisors. I was so shocked by the above and beyond act and I really appreciated it. Now I'm currently in the waiting game, I don't know if I will have a second interview or an offer next. I'm excited and hopeful that I will land this awesome opportunity with the state and those great employees!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • If you had two companies one that offered a better salary and the other that offered better benefits. Which company would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My interview outcome isn't accurate, they're currently doing my background and reference check right now. My advice is be yourself and stay calm. Also take a second to take the question in before you answer it and don't beat yourself if you don't get this job. It's an accomplishment just to get the interview! Hope this helps you!

Benefits Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in April 2018.

Interview

I got a call came in for interiew on scheduled days. Interviewed with the supevisor and human resource personel. It was pretty simple questions discussed the job etc. I then had a second round of interviews with about 5 or 6 ppl asked a series of question. Took about a week for job offer.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

Good interview with a 3 member team. Standard questions. Pleasant and casual.
    No difficult questions were asked. No situational questions.

The team answered any questions that I had honestly. Everything was very honest...even the answers that did not paint the agency in the best light.

Age was not a factor. Once I met the minimum requirements I was offered an interview.

Again, pleasant process and interview.

Interview Questions

• Educational background and accomplishments.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview with 5 people who worked in the department. Panel was a little intimidating. Multiple people were asking questions for an IT position. Was not an IT interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I knew what Continuum Care was.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina.

Interview

The interview was a panel setup. It was not that bad overall. There were questions to describe your accounting experience and government finance experience. The next set of questions were situational questions. Tell me a time when... They appreciate this type of answer: Situation, Tasks, Action, Response. The STAR Method. Overall the interview is not difficult at all. Give good answers and you will be fine.

Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of South Carolina.

Interview

The process was much quicker than I expected. It took 2 months after I completed the online application. I was contacted to come in for an interview, and shortly after that (4 days) I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Provide us with links from your current job to any work with libraries.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. The process was simple. I was dealing with the manager and the HR person at the same time in this phase of pre-employment.