KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

State of South Carolina Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 32 of over 32 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

State of South Carolina

Application

I interviewed at State of South Carolina

Interview

Virtual process; finalist in person with covid protocols that allowed for me to feel safe and get a feel for the work environment. State gov are safe positions and some of last to offer pension plans

Interview Questions
  • About state government and its innoerworks
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

State of South Carolina

Application

I interviewed at State of South Carolina

Interview

Great process. Adding this review so I can see the salaries on the site. I need to get to thirty words. Still not there. Just a couple more. This should do it.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a weakness about yourself
3 people found this interview helpful

State of South Carolina

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina in Apr 2018

Interview

I got a call came in for interiew on scheduled days. Interviewed with the supevisor and human resource personel. It was pretty simple questions discussed the job etc. I then had a second round of interviews with about 5 or 6 ppl asked a series of question. Took about a week for job offer.

Interview Questions
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in Mar 2018

Interview

1st interview was a panel interview with 4 people from potential team. Was called back a week later for a 2nd interview with a panel of 3 people. I though interviews went well and I really liked those on team. Was notified 2 weeks later that the department decided not to hire anyone for the position.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me of a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how you handled that situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in Feb 2018

Interview

I applied in January 2018. Scheduled for an interview only 3 days before; when I inquired about rescheduling, I was told " We are only conducting interviews on Monday and if you cannot make it, we won't consider you for the position at this time; your resume will remain on file". Because of this, I went into the interview feeling rubbed rather brashly as I had to schedule time off work at my current position at the last minute. When I got to the office for the interview, I was greeted pleasantly and proceeded with the interview. When the interview was over, as I walked out of the interviewing room, I could hear (Very Loudly) " Well we're not gonna consider this candidate for the position" along with loud laughter. I really thought that was extremely rude and inconsiderate of the interviewers to display such awful and disrespectful behavior. At this point, I already know that I am not being considered for the position and do not appreciate feeling like a "slot filler" when a candidate has probably already been selected before today. Such a WASTE OF TIME!!!!!! If you are a job-seeker and are thinking about applying for positions with this agency, please DON'T!!!!!!

Interview Questions
  • What makes you a great selection over other qualified candidates?

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Aiken, SC) in Oct 2017

Interview

I applied to the position with the LLR in late September and was contacted a couple weeks later for a interview mid-October. The interview itself was rather easy with 12 question. 6 technical, 6 non-technical. The interview panel was very friendly.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between a String and a StringBuilder
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC)

Interview

I applied for the Program Coordinator I position at the Department of Administration working with volunteers. I received a call about a week later to schedule an interview. When I arrived at the interview, I was told that the position was actually a social services position and I would be removing children from bad environments, possibly testifying in court etc. The position description was nothing like posted on the website. I believe this was done on purpose to gain applicants. I was no longer interested in the position and felt my time and effort was wasted. The interview panel was rude and condescending and a complete waste of time due to their blatant lie.

7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in May 2017

Interview

Interview with 5 people who worked in the department. Panel was a little intimidating. Multiple people were asking questions for an IT position. Was not an IT interview.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me if I knew what Continuum Care was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaufort, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Beaufort, SC) in Jan 2017

Interview

Three weeks after submitting an application, I was contacted by a HR rep to schedule interviews. I was not in the local area at this time so she gave me the option for phone interview. We designated a time for her to call back. A panel of three HR reps interviewed me on speaker.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in Jan 2017

Interview

Planning Stage: Identify training and development opportunities in the which the employee should participate to enhance future performance. Dedicates time,resources, and energy towards the pursuit of continuous improvement. Maintains professional demeanor while dealing with difficult situations. Responds constructively to challenges and feedback.

Interview Questions
  • What do you expect from us as a company
Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Interviews

State of South Carolina Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at State of South Carolina as 65.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.74 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Business Analyst and Human Services Coordinator II rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Database Administrator and Lab Tech roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at State of South Carolina takes an average of 31 days when considering 44 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Program Coordinator had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Database Administrator roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 120 days).

Common stages of the interview process at State of South Carolina according to 44 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 36.76%