State of South Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at State of South Carolina

2.8

Benefits Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in April 2018.

Interview

I got a call came in for interiew on scheduled days. Interviewed with the supevisor and human resource personel. It was pretty simple questions discussed the job etc. I then had a second round of interviews with about 5 or 6 ppl asked a series of question. Took about a week for job offer.

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in March 2018.

Interview

1st interview was a panel interview with 4 people from potential team. Was called back a week later for a 2nd interview with a panel of 3 people. I though interviews went well and I really liked those on team. Was notified 2 weeks later that the department decided not to hire anyone for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Business Consultant-SCDEW Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Aiken, SC) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied in January 2018. Scheduled for an interview only 3 days before; when I inquired about rescheduling, I was told " We are only conducting interviews on Monday and if you cannot make it, we won't consider you for the position at this time; your resume will remain on file". Because of this, I went into the interview feeling rubbed rather brashly as I had to schedule time off work at my current position at the last minute. When I got to the office for the interview, I was greeted pleasantly and proceeded with the interview. When the interview was over, as I walked out of the interviewing room, I could hear (Very Loudly) " Well we're not gonna consider this candidate for the position" along with loud laughter. I really thought that was extremely rude and inconsiderate of the interviewers to display such awful and disrespectful behavior. At this point, I already know that I am not being considered for the position and do not appreciate feeling like a "slot filler" when a candidate has probably already been selected before today. Such a WASTE OF TIME!!!!!! If you are a job-seeker and are thinking about applying for positions with this agency, please DON'T!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great selection over other qualified candidates?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position with the LLR in late September and was contacted a couple weeks later for a interview mid-October. The interview itself was rather easy with 12 question. 6 technical, 6 non-technical. The interview panel was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a String and a StringBuilder   1 Answer

Program Coordinator I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina.

Interview

I applied for the Program Coordinator I position at the Department of Administration working with volunteers. I received a call about a week later to schedule an interview. When I arrived at the interview, I was told that the position was actually a social services position and I would be removing children from bad environments, possibly testifying in court etc. The position description was nothing like posted on the website. I believe this was done on purpose to gain applicants. I was no longer interested in the position and felt my time and effort was wasted. The interview panel was rude and condescending and a complete waste of time due to their blatant lie.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview with 5 people who worked in the department. Panel was a little intimidating. Multiple people were asking questions for an IT position. Was not an IT interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I knew what Continuum Care was.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaufort, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Beaufort, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Three weeks after submitting an application, I was contacted by a HR rep to schedule interviews. I was not in the local area at this time so she gave me the option for phone interview. We designated a time for her to call back. A panel of three HR reps interviewed me on speaker.

Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Planning Stage: Identify training and development opportunities in the which the employee should participate to enhance future performance. Dedicates time,resources, and energy towards the pursuit of continuous improvement. Maintains professional demeanor while dealing with difficult situations. Responds constructively to challenges and feedback.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from us as a company   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of South Carolina in December 2016.

Interview

First was an email to set up phone interview. Phone interview was with 3 or 4 committy members and asked 3 questions. 1 on hipaa, one on experience and one on a personal level. Then follow up email a couple days later to offer a 2nd interview in person. Going for that one this week so well see how it goes

Interview Questions

• what does confidentiality mean to you and are you able to abide by guidelines of privacy   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone interview to offer for 2nd interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina.

Interview

Applied through the government website. Got a call for an interview from a supervisor after a week. Very accommodating with scheduling the interview.
    Interview itself was for a small panel, and it was very casual and welcoming. Standard interview questions plus some questions about specific situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try and negotiate but it might not be too possible, depends on your licensure/credentials etc.