State of South Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of South Carolina Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position with the LLR in late September and was contacted a couple weeks later for a interview mid-October. The interview itself was rather easy with 12 question. 6 technical, 6 non-technical. The interview panel was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a String and a StringBuilder   1 Answer

Program Coordinator I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina.

Interview

I applied for the Program Coordinator I position at the Department of Administration working with volunteers. I received a call about a week later to schedule an interview. When I arrived at the interview, I was told that the position was actually a social services position and I would be removing children from bad environments, possibly testifying in court etc. The position description was nothing like posted on the website. I believe this was done on purpose to gain applicants. I was no longer interested in the position and felt my time and effort was wasted. The interview panel was rude and condescending and a complete waste of time due to their blatant lie.

Information Systems/Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview took forever to get. I applied in March 2017 and got in interview in June 2017. The interview consisted of three individuals. Questions were basic and normal interview questions such as experience, different scenarios, if offered the position, etc. Haven't heard back yet on whether or not I was selected.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview with 5 people who worked in the department. Panel was a little intimidating. Multiple people were asking questions for an IT position. Was not an IT interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I knew what Continuum Care was.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaufort, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Beaufort, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Three weeks after submitting an application, I was contacted by a HR rep to schedule interviews. I was not in the local area at this time so she gave me the option for phone interview. We designated a time for her to call back. A panel of three HR reps interviewed me on speaker.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of South Carolina in December 2016.

Interview

First was an email to set up phone interview. Phone interview was with 3 or 4 committy members and asked 3 questions. 1 on hipaa, one on experience and one on a personal level. Then follow up email a couple days later to offer a 2nd interview in person. Going for that one this week so well see how it goes

Interview Questions

• what does confidentiality mean to you and are you able to abide by guidelines of privacy   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone interview to offer for 2nd interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina.

Interview

Applied through the government website. Got a call for an interview from a supervisor after a week. Very accommodating with scheduling the interview.
    Interview itself was for a small panel, and it was very casual and welcoming. Standard interview questions plus some questions about specific situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try and negotiate but it might not be too possible, depends on your licensure/credentials etc.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted shortly after the application window closed and was asked to interview in person. The interview was conducted by the head of the department (direct supervisor for the position) and a colleague. The interview was very relaxed and informal. As it was a new position they couldn't offer me much in the way of what the day-to-day would be like.

At the end of the interview I was told I would be contacted soon to either arrange a follow-up interview or to be told that I had not been selected for a follow-up, though I was never contacted either way.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why was I leaving my current position?   Answer Question
    • 2. What experience did I have with certain areas that the job dealt with.   Answer Question
    • 3. What were some challenges I had faced and how had I dealt with them.   Answer Question
    • 3. What did I feel like my management style consisted of.   Answer Question
    • 5. What were some projects I had undertaken and how had I approached them.   Answer Question

Compliance- DHEC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

If you apply for a job at DHEC, be prepared to wait literally 2-4 months for a response. As the state's biggest agency, they are in no rush to hire anyone. I applied for a job with them in early October 2015. I interviewed a little before Halloween. About two weeks later, I was brought in for a second interview. I didn't hear anything until January 2016. After Thanksgiving, I was already pretty much set on declining any job offer from them. If they take this long to make a decision on hiring me, what else takes them this long to do? I don't want to work for someone who takes nearly three months to make a decision. The interviews themselves were just so awkward. The first interview was a panel and maybe one person in the room felt "at ease" and everyone else seemed just so tense and clearly didn't want to be there.

Interview Questions

• There is now a set of standard interview questions that all interviewers have to ask (state-wide), per state HR rules. They're pretty simple: biggest challenge you've faced, what experience do you have that relates to the position, why do you want to leave your current job....etc.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Carolina.

Interview

The interview was a panel setup. It was not that bad overall. There were questions to describe your accounting experience and government finance experience. The next set of questions were situational questions. Tell me a time when... They appreciate this type of answer: Situation, Tasks, Action, Response. The STAR Method. Overall the interview is not difficult at all. Give good answers and you will be fine.