State of South Dakota Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of South Dakota Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at State of South Dakota

Naturalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bruce, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State of South Dakota (Bruce, SD) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by appointment after calling to see if the position was still open. I spoke with three employees (manager, co-manager, and office personnel) who were doing two days' worth of interviews of multiple seasonal summer personnel.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pierre, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Dakota (Pierre, SD) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a Skype interview since I lived outside South Dakota. I interviewed with the head of the agency and my immediate supervisor was the main facilitator. I also had the chance to speak to the group I would be working with. There were no odd questions. Basically wanted to know what exactly I did in my current job and if any skills would transfer over. I was not offered a job at the time I interviewed, but a few months later I received a call and was offered another position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked for any details about projects I successfully completed in my current job.   Answer Question

Corrections Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pierre, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of South Dakota (Pierre, SD).

Interview

There were two interviews, one with the director of the department and the second with a panel of three. The State doesn't open their positions to internal applicants first so there is a lot of unneccesary work. Often an internal applicant receives the position in a lateral transfer anyway- therefore there essentially wasn't really a position available to the "public." Of course the jobs that are left without anyone transfering are the ones that no one else wants to do!

Interview Questions

• If you wrote the "motto statement" for this departments objectives, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of South Dakota in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call to schedule an interview approximately 2 weeks later. The interview consisted of 3 people (Manager, Director, & Human Resources.) The Manager conducted the interview with some input from the Director and Human Resources personnel. All 3 were very professional and I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would your ideal supervisor be like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was acceptable to me and I was happy with the outcome.

Finance Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of South Dakota in April 2009.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back. Extensive experience in Governmental accounting was desired.

Interview Questions

• If you could describe yourself with one sentence, what would that sentence be?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you were overwhelmed and how did you handle it?   Answer Question