State of Tennessee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2017

2.5

ASA III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Nashville, TN) in December 2017.

Interview

I was asked about my parents (what do I admire and what so I see as their shortcomings?), about previous management experience, about strengths and weaknesses. I was asked several hypotheticals about problems in the workplace, conflict, and how I would handle it.

Interview Questions

• Would you say that you admire your parents? What are some things you think they did well and what mistakes do you think they made?   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Interview

The best secretaries are seasoned office administrators familiar with all the tools and processes of the contemporary workplace. They’re detail-oriented, organized, and articulate written and verbal communicators. If there are specific qualifications that you need, such as expertise with travel, or knowledge of your industry, be sure to add questions about that to the list below.

Classification and Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Nashville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then was selected to participate in a "Round 1" interview in which you answered short questions online. Round 2 interview was amongst a panel of three interviewers in Nashville, TN.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Nashville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

Okay, but you will need to come prepared. Remember you're in a fairly conservative environment so be sure to dress, look, and act the part. It can be extremely nerve raking, but in the end you will more than likely get it.

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect to be in five years?   1 Answer

Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weakley, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Weakley, TN).

Interview

Sat down with 3 guys. Asked a bunch of nonsensical questions. Questioned my integrity. Pretty sure if I was a man I would have been treated differently. Thrown on the eligible list

Interview Questions

• There is a list of questions that the state uses for all interviews. Google it.   Answer Question

Account Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I was notified via email (twice) that I qualified for an interview and was directed to contact the interviewer to set up the appointment. I called the same day (Wednesday), spoke to the gentleman and set up an appt for the following Monday. He sent me a confirmation email that afternoon.

It was very important for me to be early to the interview so I made sure I left with plenty of time. When I got there and checked in, there was another interviewee waiting to go in. My appointment was at 1:00 p.m. and that interviewee was called in at 12:55. My interview didn't start until 1:20. It was one on one and fairly enjoyable for a job interview because it was laid back but still professional. It took approximately 30 minutes.

When leaving, the interviewer said he should have an answer the next day. I sent a thank you email the following day but never heard back from him. I assumed I didn't get the job but followed up with a phone call three days later. Still no return call or email from him. Finally, on the fifth day, I received an email from HR that I was not selected. I sent a thank you email to HR as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset or angry taxpayer?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Interview

You apply online, when the job post closes you get sent a short questionaire a day after, aka 1st round interview. A week later after answering the questionaire you are automatically on the eligible list. This is when they take a long time to decide if you will get a 2nd round of interview. I have applied for many jobs with the state. I'm qualified for every single one of them. I always get a first round interview then put on the eligible list. My advice for everyone who wonders about what happens after being put on the eligible list. If you do not receive a response after 2 weeks assume you didn't make it. All the jobs pay very low there is no way you need many qualifications. It should be for those seeking skills or recent college grads. Therefore, it shouldn't be that hard to get the jobs but unfortunately it is.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about HRIS systems?   1 Answer

Clinical Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

1) You apply online
    2) If you application is approved, you are sent a first round interview online survey. These questions are on the same level as those asked in the interview. There is no character limit, but you are encouraged to be as detailed as possible.
    3) You are emailed if you approved for the second-round interview. You have to call and schedule the interview within the interview window. 3 person interview panel, situational and open-ended questions. The panel consisted of program supervisor, statewide director, and regional director.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist someone with little to no computer skills? List experience with this issue.   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Applied via TN.gov. 1 week later was sent online questionnaire. 1 week later was listed on requisition and scheduled in person interview. 2 weeks later interviewed at labor market info with group manager and someone else (formerly on team?). Questions were basic and half of them were answered in a conversation before the interview even started. Interviewers were pleasant enough if nothing else. The job was absolutely not what was described in the listing. The position performed nothing, and I mean nothing, that could even generously be called statistical analysis. Master Data Analyst might fit as a title but even that is a stretch.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Received an email that I was selected for the second round of interviews. Went into the office the next day and sat with the eligibility director and program manager for the interview.