State of Tennessee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.5

Account Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I was notified via email (twice) that I qualified for an interview and was directed to contact the interviewer to set up the appointment. I called the same day (Wednesday), spoke to the gentleman and set up an appt for the following Monday. He sent me a confirmation email that afternoon.

It was very important for me to be early to the interview so I made sure I left with plenty of time. When I got there and checked in, there was another interviewee waiting to go in. My appointment was at 1:00 p.m. and that interviewee was called in at 12:55. My interview didn't start until 1:20. It was one on one and fairly enjoyable for a job interview because it was laid back but still professional. It took approximately 30 minutes.

When leaving, the interviewer said he should have an answer the next day. I sent a thank you email the following day but never heard back from him. I assumed I didn't get the job but followed up with a phone call three days later. Still no return call or email from him. Finally, on the fifth day, I received an email from HR that I was not selected. I sent a thank you email to HR as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset or angry taxpayer?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Interview

You apply online, when the job post closes you get sent a short questionaire a day after, aka 1st round interview. A week later after answering the questionaire you are automatically on the eligible list. This is when they take a long time to decide if you will get a 2nd round of interview. I have applied for many jobs with the state. I'm qualified for every single one of them. I always get a first round interview then put on the eligible list. My advice for everyone who wonders about what happens after being put on the eligible list. If you do not receive a response after 2 weeks assume you didn't make it. All the jobs pay very low there is no way you need many qualifications. It should be for those seeking skills or recent college grads. Therefore, it shouldn't be that hard to get the jobs but unfortunately it is.

Clinical Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

1) You apply online
    2) If you application is approved, you are sent a first round interview online survey. These questions are on the same level as those asked in the interview. There is no character limit, but you are encouraged to be as detailed as possible.
    3) You are emailed if you approved for the second-round interview. You have to call and schedule the interview within the interview window. 3 person interview panel, situational and open-ended questions. The panel consisted of program supervisor, statewide director, and regional director.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist someone with little to no computer skills? List experience with this issue.   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Applied via TN.gov. 1 week later was sent online questionnaire. 1 week later was listed on requisition and scheduled in person interview. 2 weeks later interviewed at labor market info with group manager and someone else (formerly on team?). Questions were basic and half of them were answered in a conversation before the interview even started. Interviewers were pleasant enough if nothing else. The job was absolutely not what was described in the listing. The position performed nothing, and I mean nothing, that could even generously be called statistical analysis. Master Data Analyst might fit as a title but even that is a stretch.

Vr Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Memphis, TN).

Interview

All supervisors interview the person about the job field and experience. Each one of them had a list of questions that they asked. The supervisor picks who they wants to work with their team.

Interview Questions

• Are you will to go to school and get a master in VR counseling?   1 Answer

Legislative Job With Governor Bill Haslam Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with a member of the Governor's staff in the State Capitol. They were very friendly. Started as a general interview and then I was asked very specific policy questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is Governor Haslam's most successful policy?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Tennessee in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online on the night that the job closed. Two days later I received an email asking me to complete a survey that served as the first interview. When I submitted that, I was sent an email three days later asking me to call someone to set up an interview. a week later I interviewed with three other people. First we watched a video on the claims process, then we had to answer situational questions about it, print it off, and take it with us to our individual interviews. I received a call three days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Heavily focused on situations and behaviors. What would you do if you thought a boss didn't like you? How do you deal with negative people? How do you handle multiple assignments at once? Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Very in depth interview process. Various questions were asked specific to the roles which the human resources specialist would be performing. The tasks that were specific to this position were very clear and covered very well during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a business partner and they did not like the outcome of the situation.   1 Answer

IDD Program Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Nashville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

On-line questions first; in-house interview with four people; pleasant; laid back...after the live interview, I had to wait a long time to receive a call back. After the call offering me the job, I had to wait another week or so for my background check. It was a long process but worth it.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took place in the Regional office. It was conducted by a panel interview. The interviewers took turns asking questions. They seemed very interested in me and even discussed my potential within the agency.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle conflict.   1 Answer