State of Texas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at State of Texas

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview, send resume. talked to chief of staff, discussed my experience, hours, and time available. Understood that there was very little pay and that it was about the opportunity to serve. Don't do this if you do not have a servant attitude.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

They basically wanted to see if you fit the culture... this isn't the private sector, just remember that when you apply and you should be realistic about how much you ask in your starting salary.

Interview Questions

• They have a standard set of HR questions so it wasn't really that hard. You just had to sell yourself to them that you could do the job and fit their culture.   Answer Question

Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State of Texas (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It was fairly quick and easy. I took one test and interviewed with the immediate Supervisor and started the next week. You will have to pass a drug screen and background check prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can I handle being paid monthly?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of Texas (Huntsville, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I was not aware of having study material you are supposed to get and read before the interview and that all questions asked would be based on the study material so I didn't know any of the correct answers

Interview Questions

• If an inmate was to tell you he liked the way you looked what would you do?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Electronic application and in-person interview with two individuals. I was uncertain whether I would be selected because I could not begin work for 90 days, but the employer indicated that I was the most qualified candidate and that they were willing to wait for me to start in 90 days.

Interview Questions

• Experience levels in various tasks   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Management knew exactly what they wanted and asked all the pertinent questions. They asked direct questions and explained what they needed. They were happy to expand on any question or explain it in more detail. They were very experienced interviewers.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpine, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Texas (Alpine, TX).

Interview

I had applied but no position was available; I had a preliminary interview and told I would be contacted if something opened up. Then, on Christmas Eve, I got a calling asking if I were interested in filling an unexpected vacancy in January to teach in the spring semester. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would work with students who might have low academic preparation for college.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed at Instructor level.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Typically, you are asked to appear 15 minutes before the interview. You are given that time to review and jot down answers to the questions that will be asked of you. (You turn in your paper at the conclusion of the interview.) Sometimes, you'll have one interviewer but more often you'll interview with a panel of 3 or 4 employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe experience in rule making and rule promulgation.   1 Answer

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Th interview seemed like a technicality. It seemed as though the employer already had a candidate for the position and was only interviewing so he/she could check the box.

The employer did not notify me that another candidate had been selected.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when.....   1 Answer

Program Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I had to sit in a cubicle and take a skills test which consisted of creating several spreadsheets with different graphs. It was fairly difficult in the amount of time they gave me - I think they wanted it to be a situation where you really couldn't finish in time, to see what you thought would be the most important elements of the task. Then I had the panel interview. There were three gentlemen on the panel, and one HR rep who did all the talking. It was a non-interactive interview, meaning no one could ask me questions or talk to me. The HR rep gave me a binder that had around 11 interview questions that I would first read, then respond to. I was given an amount of time (around 45 minutes) in which to answer all of my questions, and I had to watch my own time. The panel had check lists of things that they checked off while I talked and wrote notes. It was very structured and formal. Memorizing the official job opening notice and touching on all of those elements appears to be the key to doing well in a state of Texas job interview.

Interview Questions

• I really can't remember. This was like 3 months ago. I believe I was asked how I'm able to deal with difficult people in difficult circumstances.   Answer Question