State of Texas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2017

3.1

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of Texas (Huntsville, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I was not aware of having study material you are supposed to get and read before the interview and that all questions asked would be based on the study material so I didn't know any of the correct answers

Interview Questions

• If an inmate was to tell you he liked the way you looked what would you do?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Management knew exactly what they wanted and asked all the pertinent questions. They asked direct questions and explained what they needed. They were happy to expand on any question or explain it in more detail. They were very experienced interviewers.

Texas Veterans Commission Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Texas (Waco, TX).

Interview

The interview was long, with three people in the room which made me uncomfortable but it was an easy interview. They described the job and duties, then asked the normal questions. What do you know about the agency, what do you have to bring to the agency, and why should we select you.

Field Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for an interview several weeks later. I interviewed in person and performed a skills test, which included a listening test and typing test. I was also advised that a background check would be performed. I received the job offer 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Child Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Texas (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

If you don't interview well, doesn't mean you cannot do the job beyond expectations. You could be losing a good employee because of a less than desirable interview. People can look slay an interview, but unable to slay the actual job.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Typically, you are asked to appear 15 minutes before the interview. You are given that time to review and jot down answers to the questions that will be asked of you. (You turn in your paper at the conclusion of the interview.) Sometimes, you'll have one interviewer but more often you'll interview with a panel of 3 or 4 employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe experience in rule making and rule promulgation.   1 Answer

Inspector VII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Texas (San Antonio, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Informal, 2 person panel in person. The applicant is handed a list of questions that will be asked prior to starting the interview and given 5 minutes to review.

Interview Questions

• The applicant is handed a list of questions that will be asked prior to starting the interview. It's basic scenario questions , such as "How have you handled a difficult situation","Describe a time when you were given a task to complete with a time-frame " etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview, send resume. talked to chief of staff, discussed my experience, hours, and time available. Understood that there was very little pay and that it was about the opportunity to serve. Don't do this if you do not have a servant attitude.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have   1 Answer

Committee Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

There was a series of in-person interviews. They were standard length and covered the typical topics and subject matter. The process was fairly standard. As part of the process there was a Background check and verification of education credentials. The number of interviews was two and wasn't anything that most people haven't been through before if applying for professional type jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at your last job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Texas (Austin, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very friendly and professional. The interviewer outlined clear expectations and duties. The honest explanation of duties helped me in making a clear decision whether to accept the offer or not. Questions were mostly related to my work experience and resume. Being a team worker and frindly was an important asset for this position.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I could work in an environment where there was considerable noise and movement. Constituents are invited to walk into the office at any point during the work day.   Answer Question