State of Vermont Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at State of Vermont

2.8

Correctional Officer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Vermont (South Burlington, VT) in August 2012.

Interview

I showed up for a job fair. It was a 2 person panel interview that took around 20 minutes. I brought my resume and they talked about that for a while. They explained what the job would entail and how much overtime there was which made me choose this job because of the earning potential, I actually got a call back a few hours after my interview with a job offer that I accepted and they told me when my academy would be, It was a pretty easy interview. I only had two years of experience as a Transportation Security Officer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a correctional officer?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if there was a fight in your unit?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutland, VT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Vermont (Rutland, VT) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job on our State of VT employee website. I was called to set up and interview time and place. I was interviewed by a panel of 5 people, which lasted approximately 30-45 minutes. I was told that they would make a decision within a week, but was called the next day with a job offer

Interview Questions

• Why would we consider you for this position   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montpelier, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Vermont (Montpelier, VT) in June 2015.

Interview

Usually 3 people in the interview room. Interview questions are scripted meaning they have to ask the same questions to each candidate. They cannot deviate from the script which can be good or bad.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Systems Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Vermont in February 2017.

Interview

First round of process involved Coding test and after that phone interview followed by Linux test.
    Second round of interview was conducted through skype Immediately third round was followed most of the questions were behavioral

Network Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montpelier, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Vermont (Montpelier, VT) in June 2010.

Interview

One phone call, one interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Manager read interview 101   1 Answer

Negotiation

i just said yes, its a graduated scale

Utilities Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montpelier, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Vermont (Montpelier, VT) in March 2012.

Interview

At first I was notified by letter that I was not being considered for the job. A couple of days after receiving that letter I received a call asking if I would come in for an interview. First interview with three managers in a panel. Fairly straightforward, no real surprises. Second interview with the head of the agency/department. Also straightforward with no real surprises.

Career Development Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State of Vermont in July 2010.

Interview

Standardized test followed by multiple interviews followed by several levels of review from the central office down to the local hiring manager. i had to wait several weeks for a decision but it all worked out well in the end. i was very happy with a fairly easy job until i retired

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

set salary, no negotiation

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barre, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Vermont (Barre, VT) in June 2019.

Interview

In person interviews with team of interviewers. Interview questions prepared ahead of time and typed out for candidates to read along during interview. Thoughtful conversation and challenging questions. I think that the interview was rushed however. It was scheduled to last one hour but more time was needed to fully answer questions and there was no time to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested and excited about this position?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Essex, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Vermont (Essex, VT) in December 2018.

Interview

Scripted with no room for dialogue. Questions were generic and interview was stilted and robotic. Interviewers literally read questions off the page. No emotion or eye contact were displayed. The experience was bland and boring.

LIcensing and Registration Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montpelier, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Vermont (Montpelier, VT) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, resume and application was screened. Received a call to set up an interview. Did the interview. Was told there would be second interview, but instead I was offered the job after a background check was completed

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my work ethic.   1 Answer