State of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

State of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2018

2.9

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington.

Interview

First need to pass a test, passed test and was invited for interview. Interview was panel and allowed 10 minutes before to review questions that would be asked. Fairly straightforward from there however heard process may be changing in the future.

Interview Questions

• Questions were directly tied to job description provided in announcement and review period allowed me to tie my own experiences to each question.   Answer Question

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Seattle, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied directly for the above mentioned position. After initial screening they send my score and ultimately selected for phone. they asked for face to face interview but as it was far away I requested to take phone interview. Finally got conformation for phone interview.

Senior Telecommunications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Olympia, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

Questions lean more toward emotional IQ and less about the technical aspects of the job or my work history and knowledge. They had a skills test, but the testing parameters were not very well laid out.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had different opinions than your manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

EDL Licensing Services Representative III Hoquiam Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoquiam, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Hoquiam, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process took 40 days from start to finish. The impression I received during the interview was that the panel is that they had either already hire someone or already had a candidate identified. I did not care for the email wording that I received at the end of the process. "Our selection was made after carefully considering the skills and qualities offered by each candidate and how those supported the work of the LSR 3."

Interview Questions

• Tell us your Customer Service experience working with different ethic backgrounds.   1 Answer

ITS4 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Olympia, WA).

Interview

Filled Online Application 3 weeks ago. Finally got a call for F2F interview at Olympia WA location.
    I will update after I complete the interview process at Olympia WA Location.for Business Analyst Position.

Interview Questions

• Online Application questions are more generic questions. Any one can answer those.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Connell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Connell, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a panel of 4 people. Your interview questions were on a sheet of paper in front of you. You read the question and tell them which one you're answering. You can answer in any order you like. Before the interview, there was a series of 5 tests to do. All in all, it was a great experience for me. Everyone was nice and professional and did a great job of keeping in contact.

IT Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Washington.

Interview

It was an on-line interview. I created an account with on the State of Washington website and then logged in to the job I was applying for. There I answered a series of questions before submitting the entire form. At this stage there was no interaction with a recruiter, hiring manager, or any other human being.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do yo have in the IT field?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Washington (Olympia, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, in person 3 panelist then senior manager.
    Phone screen was a half hour.
    Interview was an hour.
    Came back a 3rd time for manager one on one.
    The drive from Kent to Olympia is reverse and not that bad.

Interview Questions

• How do you get along with argumentative direct reports.   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State of Washington (Vancouver, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very rushed and robotic. The panel interview was 2 people that seemed nice; however it felt like they were in a hurry to get me through. They also had me interviewing for a position that I didn't apply for and I didn't correct them as they didn't give me a chance to speak. The supervisor didn't ask any questions and both appeared pretty apathetic. The next day the job was posted again and I haven't heard anything about the job I applied for. After this experience I am grateful that I didn't receive an offer as I did not get a good feeling from this location or the miserable looks on the faces of the interviewers and the staff I had to walk by.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington in February 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview which, at the time, I thought went well. I was asked mostly technical questions pertaining specifically to the job with only a few behavioral questions throughout. I was told that i would hear back within 2 weeks, and they kept their word. Interviewers were very friendly and nice.