State of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2018

2.9

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Angeles, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Port Angeles, WA).

Interview

Panel interview, with about 20 questions. You are seated across from the panel, you can feel like you are in the hot seat, but overall it is okay. The panel gives you time to think about and answer the questions. You are supplied a copy of the questions to read along throughout the interview. You are also given the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios that could happen in a case and how you would handle the situation. Scenarios with regards to work conflict and how you would handle the situation. Explain your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Assistant Attorney General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Tacoma, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

You applied through an online service and attached all you documents. In a couple weeks someone called to schedule an interview. You interviewed with a panel of 6; they had scripts of questions and went around the table asking them; it took almost an hour. I was not a successful candidate beyond that, but I understood that you would receive a call asking you to travel to Olympia for a final interview and then they would make their choice.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Washington (Olympia, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, in person 3 panelist then senior manager.
    Phone screen was a half hour.
    Interview was an hour.
    Came back a 3rd time for manager one on one.
    The drive from Kent to Olympia is reverse and not that bad.

Interview Questions

• How do you get along with argumentative direct reports.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Washington (Olympia, WA) in March 2008.

Interview

There was a communication error on their part as to the actual day of the interview. I drove across the state from school, but ultimately it was not an issue. We had several 1:1 interviews with individual staff members that culminated at lunch with the manager. The people were very organized and thoughtful! I enjoyed the experience despite not receiving an offer. I definitely learned some things as this was my first interview after leaving college.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have prepared you for this internship?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Olympia, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Initially I talked to the Director of IT for the department. Later I had a skype interview with 3 people on the team, they email you the questions that will be asked 10 min prior to the call so you have the questions in front of you to refer to. Finally I talked to the Director of IT again and a project lead for his team.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a success story from your work experience in which you utilized your skills to work with others as part of a team. Describe the project or task the team was assigned, what went right, what went wrong, what did you do as part of the team to ensure success?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State of Washington (Vancouver, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very rushed and robotic. The panel interview was 2 people that seemed nice; however it felt like they were in a hurry to get me through. They also had me interviewing for a position that I didn't apply for and I didn't correct them as they didn't give me a chance to speak. The supervisor didn't ask any questions and both appeared pretty apathetic. The next day the job was posted again and I haven't heard anything about the job I applied for. After this experience I am grateful that I didn't receive an offer as I did not get a good feeling from this location or the miserable looks on the faces of the interviewers and the staff I had to walk by.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Washington (Bellevue, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

It looks like they outsources their out reach for new employees to some Indian company(s). They have no idea about the process. They just called in and said to attend an interview without much details. I looked up online and was interested about the company. I waited their almost for 5 hours wasting all of my weekend(it was a Saturday interview). After 4 hours they came and told couple of senior folks like me that they dont have senior people to evaluate so please leave now and we'll talk later.

Very unprofessional staff and they are having some spiced rice or something on the front desk like a Chinese restaurant. I cant believe they are operating so many projects. I can see the folks over there are smart and intelligent but there is no respect for others in general.

NA

Senior Forecast Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Olympia, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with four person panel that included potential co-workers, interviewed three people
    Second interview with the boss, interviewed 2 people
    Job offer via a phone call soon after the second interview

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington in February 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview which, at the time, I thought went well. I was asked mostly technical questions pertaining specifically to the job with only a few behavioral questions throughout. I was told that i would hear back within 2 weeks, and they kept their word. Interviewers were very friendly and nice.

IT Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Washington.

Interview

It was an on-line interview. I created an account with on the State of Washington website and then logged in to the job I was applying for. There I answered a series of questions before submitting the entire form. At this stage there was no interaction with a recruiter, hiring manager, or any other human being.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do yo have in the IT field?   1 Answer