State of Washington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.9

ITS4 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Olympia, WA).

Interview

Filled Online Application 3 weeks ago. Finally got a call for F2F interview at Olympia WA location.
    I will update after I complete the interview process at Olympia WA Location.for Business Analyst Position.

Interview Questions

• Online Application questions are more generic questions. Any one can answer those.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Connell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Connell, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a panel of 4 people. Your interview questions were on a sheet of paper in front of you. You read the question and tell them which one you're answering. You can answer in any order you like. Before the interview, there was a series of 5 tests to do. All in all, it was a great experience for me. Everyone was nice and professional and did a great job of keeping in contact.

IT Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Washington.

Interview

It was an on-line interview. I created an account with on the State of Washington website and then logged in to the job I was applying for. There I answered a series of questions before submitting the entire form. At this stage there was no interaction with a recruiter, hiring manager, or any other human being.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do yo have in the IT field?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Washington (Olympia, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, in person 3 panelist then senior manager.
    Phone screen was a half hour.
    Interview was an hour.
    Came back a 3rd time for manager one on one.
    The drive from Kent to Olympia is reverse and not that bad.

Interview Questions

• How do you get along with argumentative direct reports.   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State of Washington (Vancouver, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very rushed and robotic. The panel interview was 2 people that seemed nice; however it felt like they were in a hurry to get me through. They also had me interviewing for a position that I didn't apply for and I didn't correct them as they didn't give me a chance to speak. The supervisor didn't ask any questions and both appeared pretty apathetic. The next day the job was posted again and I haven't heard anything about the job I applied for. After this experience I am grateful that I didn't receive an offer as I did not get a good feeling from this location or the miserable looks on the faces of the interviewers and the staff I had to walk by.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington in February 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview which, at the time, I thought went well. I was asked mostly technical questions pertaining specifically to the job with only a few behavioral questions throughout. I was told that i would hear back within 2 weeks, and they kept their word. Interviewers were very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Lynnwood, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. Panel of 2 interviewers. They were friendly and made me feel comfortable. Provided a lot of information on the job itself.

Interview Questions

• How do you meet tight deadlines?
      What type of coworkers would you like to work with?
      Name a time you had a challenge at work?
      Tell me about a time you had to get a project done, but didn't have all the information needed.
      Tell me about the longest report you had to produce.
      What personal traits would challenge your jobs duties?
      What other things would be a challenge for you to perform the job?
      How do you complete tasks and stay organized/what’s your work style?
      What kind of skills do you possess that will be helpful in performing this job?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. They refused to do so. You take what they give ya.

Human Resources Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Olympia, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online; was able to follow the interview process on careers.wa.gov by reviewing the status of my application(s). Took one week to receive an interview telephone call, one plus week to wait for response.

Office Assistant III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to schedule an interview about two weeks later. I met with a panel of 2 members. The panel was very nice and personable. The interview only took about 45 minutes. I was told I would hear back by the end of the following week.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work individually or as a team?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a difficult co-worker? Or a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you don't know the answer to a question?   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Angeles, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Washington (Port Angeles, WA).

Interview

Panel interview, with about 20 questions. You are seated across from the panel, you can feel like you are in the hot seat, but overall it is okay. The panel gives you time to think about and answer the questions. You are supplied a copy of the questions to read along throughout the interview. You are also given the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios that could happen in a case and how you would handle the situation. Scenarios with regards to work conflict and how you would handle the situation. Explain your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question