State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections Interview Questions

Interviews at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was simple but drawn out way too long in my opinion. It took 3 weeks to get an email for an interview and another 2 weeks to get the interview. Then we had to wait another 2 weeks or so to go through the health screening. The health screening was almost ridiculous. They have everyone go to one place(Oshkosh) which happens to be a 2.5 hour drive away from where I live. It took me 4 hours to get through it(which is how long they will tell you it is but I never expected it to actually take that long), most of it sitting and waiting, on top of the 5 hours of driving. Be prepared for the woman that does the screening on the treadmill to tell you how unhealthy you are. I served 4 years in the military and didn't have to go through that type of screening to enlist. The treadmill starts as walking at a normal speed on a flat surface but the screener adds incline and speed about every 2 minutes or so until you get to the point of a 15% incline and 4.5mph speed. 4.5 mph is a very slow jogging speed but you can't really jog because you're at an incline of 15% on a treadmill, so you're forced to walk which just makes it more painful. You have to do this all while maintaining what they deem an acceptable heart rate. They tell you if your heart rate goes over what is "healthy" for you, you will fail the screening and not get hired. I definitely don't run like I used to in the service but I know that if I was told to run miles again, I could do it. Forcing someone to walk at a 15% incline at a speed of 4.5mph while maintaining a "healthy" heart rate is impossible for anyone that doesn't run up hills every day. I highly doubt that a single person "passed" by their standard. I also find that part of the screening to be pointless because I don't foresee walking at a 15% incline at 4.5mph as part of the job. After the screening, you'll receive an email if you are getting hired 1-2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall all of the questions they ask but if you have any life experience at all you will be able to answer them with no issue.
      1. This job requires that you have great attention to detail. Explain a time where you've had to have attention to detail.
      2. This job entails working with people of all different types. Explain a situation where you've worked with people that are different from you.
      3. I believe there was a question about giving an example of having to prioritize your work.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections in November 2014.

Interview

Back in 2013, we took a test and then we were given an interview right after. Once we passed that we took a PT test and then we were offered a spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections.

Interview

Very brief, 15 minutes with panel. They can read you very well so be brief, to the point, thoughtful and relaxed. It's a 2 part process takes a long time to be hired. Be prepared to wait a month or so for news. Then 6 weeks training before ever going to your place of work.

Interview Questions

• Study the job description, you get points for each thing you mention that coincides with the description, more points better cgance   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

There are three steps to the interview process. There is a written exam, interview, and fitness test. You must pass the written exam before you can move onto an interview. The fitness test consists of a series of sit ups, push ups, and about a mile and a half run. These must be completed within a certain time limit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were in a dangerous situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Did written test, panel interview, agility test all in same day. If all passed then weeks later offered position mine was based on passing medical exam in Oshkosh. Received official offer for training 4 weeks after exam. Was offered location less than 5 miles away from home.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you were forced to make a split second decision? What was the end result of that decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Oshkosh, WI) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth although much longer than most jobs. If your application is accepted you will take a written test and upon successful completion will have a panel interview after. Interview is a mix of normal interview questions and scenario based questions. If you pass and get a job offer you will get to pick your location as long as the institution has vacancies. Overall the hiring process was very efficient and for good reason, as there are normally hundreds of applicants at any given time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

CFS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

3 references and resume. 3 person panel

Officer Interview

Application

Interview

Panel interview that asks situational questions. You will also take a multiple choice exam. You must score at least 70%. You must hit benchmarks. The interview is average it's not extremely difficult. You will be asked about six questions

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two inmates started to fight?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Madison, WI) in January 2007.

Interview

Fairly easy and straightforward, interviewed in front of three management

Interview Questions

• What is your number one weakness and what did you do to improve on this?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Portage, WI).

Interview

More drawn out than it needed to be. Was hired but then unable to start when I wanted for some unknown reason that was never explained, I had to wait a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• My availability, any conflicts of interest, career goals, problem solving.   Answer Question