State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections Interview Questions

3.2

Communications Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Upon arriving at interview I was given 3 questions to study and take notes for 15 minutes. I then was taken to a room with a panel of 3 people, all supervisors and had to answer those same three questions with help from notes that I had taken.

Interview Questions

• In the last three months what is the hardest decision you had to make? How did u decide what choice to make? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Portage, WI).

Interview

More drawn out than it needed to be. Was hired but then unable to start when I wanted for some unknown reason that was never explained, I had to wait a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• My availability, any conflicts of interest, career goals, problem solving.   Answer Question

Offender Records Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied when I saw an ad in my email and was contacted. An interview was scheduled about 1 month later because the position was occupied, but we kept in contact and they were good about letting me know when the position would be open and were understanding of my schedule and gave me a range of times to interview

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a co worker that you don't get along with   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections.

Interview

Panel interview that asks situational questions. You will also take a multiple choice exam. You must score at least 70%. You must hit benchmarks. The interview is average it's not extremely difficult. You will be asked about six questions

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two inmates started to fight?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

There are three steps to the interview process. There is a written exam, interview, and fitness test. You must pass the written exam before you can move onto an interview. The fitness test consists of a series of sit ups, push ups, and about a mile and a half run. These must be completed within a certain time limit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were in a dangerous situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Probation/Parole Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Panel Style interview with 3-4 members. One will be the position supervisor the others will be PO's from the district. They ask 3-4 open ended questions. You have 20 minutes to answer the prepared questions. You can't really ask in depth questions about the position during the first interview. There are generally 2 interviews and they are usually short notice.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time you and a supervisor did not see eye to eye.
      2. What does Diversity mean to you?
      3. Describe a problem you faced in the office and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Did written test, panel interview, agility test all in same day. If all passed then weeks later offered position mine was based on passing medical exam in Oshkosh. Received official offer for training 4 weeks after exam. Was offered location less than 5 miles away from home.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you were forced to make a split second decision? What was the end result of that decision?   Answer Question

Institute Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Oshkosh, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

Before the interview, I was given 4 "computations" to complete in 20 minutes. Basically, 4 math word problems to prove competence in calculating sentence length. Once that was complete, I went into a conference room with a panel of 3 people. There were 4 questions. First Explain previous leadership experience. how would you handle a situation involving your direct supervisor being on vacation. Second, How would you handle office conflict? Third, describe a previous conflict you experienced in the past. Last, how would you handle a situation involving your direct supervisor being on vacation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation involving your direct supervisor being on vacation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a previous conflict you experienced in the past   Answer Question

CFS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

3 references and resume. 3 person panel

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Oshkosh, WI) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth although much longer than most jobs. If your application is accepted you will take a written test and upon successful completion will have a panel interview after. Interview is a mix of normal interview questions and scenario based questions. If you pass and get a job offer you will get to pick your location as long as the institution has vacancies. Overall the hiring process was very efficient and for good reason, as there are normally hundreds of applicants at any given time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable