State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) Interview Questions

Interviews at State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB)

3.1

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was neat and smooth, w/ phone screening from HR + phone screening from HM. And an on-site interview to determine if you are the fit or not for this position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB).

Interview

Two parts. Part one was with the two professionals I'd be working with. There were a lot of behavioral and experience-related questions. Interview took almost an hour. Second part was with an HR person. Only behavioral, very obvious asked-and-answered. They said it would take over a week to get back to me, I received an offer within 2 days. The team was very responsive and quick.

Interview Questions

• What 5 words would your past coworkers use to describe you?   Answer Question

Securities Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) in April 2016.

Interview

First met with the leader of the team. He gave me a four-page R code and asked to find the errors. This round lasted around an hour.

Then met with an HR member, asked some behavior questions

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

Resume focused. Make sure you know every detail of resume and be ready for questions about it. They want to see if you have the skills and fit the team

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) (Madison, WI) in July 2018.

Interview

I’m relocating to Madison from the greater Chicagoland area and they called to get my availability for a phone interview. Their availability coincided with a trip I had already planned to Madison so I went in office for that first round interview with the recruiting director. The director asked about my experience and background before getting into a description of the position which gave me a clear definition of what they expected the role to be. They brought me in for a second round interview with several executive and C-suite level professionals. That second interview was more geared to my experience and situational/behavioral questions. I was notified of their decision a little less than two weeks after my second interview, which is reasonable and fairly standard. They decided to go with another candidate but I wanted commend them on their interview process, I never had any issues from a communication standpoint and was happy that they reached out with decisions in a timely manner since waiting can often be an agonizing part of the interview process.

Equity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB).

Interview

I interviewed for the Equity Analyst, Public Equities Division at SWIB. I have included my feedback regarding the interview process as well as SWIB below.

The hiring process included multiple interviews culminating in an in-person onsite interview. The interview process was rigorous, there were constant lines of communication and I was treated fairly throughout. For the roles I interviewed for, the group leaders came across as friendly & open to different ideas about portfolio construction, and the investment process seemed streamlined to reduce non-essential activities. The onsite interview was structured to allow meeting group leaders across different areas of SWIB & this was a good way to provide a candidate a broad perspective about the organization.

Regarding SWIB more broadly, the investment groups seem to have been given autonomy in generating consistent returns. Given that the groups are fairly small, this translates into a very good opportunity for investment professionals to take-on sector-level portfolio management responsibility at a fairly early stage in their career.

Overall, SWIB came across an organization where employees are committed to the mission, investment professionals are given opportunities to make an impact and are treated fairly.

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed at their office with two HR reps and three people in the Finance department. Interview was relatively easy. I walked them through my resume, answered some standard academic questions and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions (name a time when you disagreed with a boss, faced a challenge, etc.)   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Very casual, very friendly. Everyone was very accommodating and handled themselves professionally. I, unfortunately, did not receive an offer but would likely have accepted had it been extended. Good experience

Investment Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interview over the phone.

The first round was with the HR. She was kind and extremely helpful. The second round was with the hiring manager, who was awkward and unprofessional.

He wanted someone who focuses on data science and agrees with me that someone who has the potential to move to the quantitative research. I told him I am really interested to be part of the team and also would love to expose myself in those projects in the investment research. Then he started to ask me why don't you look for those kinds positions somewhere else?

He did not go through my resume at all. Overall it was just a weird conversation.

Securities Analyst, Public Equities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later I receive a phone call asking to come in for an interview the next week. HR said they would send an email with interview information. I had to follow up with HR twice before they sent the email regarding where, when, and with who I was to be interviewing with. HR did not appear to be very organized. The interview process was broken down into two 30-minute blocks. The first block was with an analyst and a manager who didn't even smile as they greeted me. You can guess how the rest of the interview went. The second block was with two HR personnel, who seemed rather inexperienced because they read their questions off of a script and were very hard to engage in any conversation that did not have to do with a direct answer to their scripted question. Two days later I receive a scripted email from HR telling me they decided not to hire anyone for this position. Three weeks after that email I see this job posted online, showing that claim to be a lie, which prompted me to write this review.