Statoil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Statoil Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

Finance Analyst Interview

Interview

I had one interview and got the job. I was referred so this does not represent how a newcomer would interview for a new position. Someone who doesn't know anyone in company can expect two interviews.

Marketing, Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Statoil (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward and easy. Was interviewed by 3 people, each being heads of three different departments. Trading, Contracts and Research & Analysis. The interviewers were very warm and make you feel comfortable. Questions were mostly geared towards my previous work experience and how I see myself fit into the role. No curveballs.

Graduate Research Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Statoil (Houston, TX).

Interview

I received a phone call from Statoil yesterday afternoon for scheduling the phone interview with them the next day. There were two managers asking questions during the interview, most of which are related to my educational and research background. Finally they gave me 7 minutes for asking them questions about Statoil and the job position itself.

Interview Questions

• 1.Could you briefly introduce yourself?
      2.Could you describe your doctoral research experience?
      3.Could you describe your master research experience?
      4.Could you describe your internship experience?
      5.Is there any question you want to ask us?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Statoil.

Interview

The phone interview was very casual with surprisingly no tough questions. Lasted about 15 minutes. Mostly just wanted to know about my experiences in college and previous jobs. The interviewer was easy to talk to and gave me good feedback at the end.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Statoil in February 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Applied for campus interview 3 weeks prior, signed up for a 30 minute slot on campus. Interviewed with 3 engineers, all of different job titles. Had already spoken with 2 of the engineers before so it made the interview much more relaxed. No curveballs very straight forward questions and interview. Still awaiting to hear if I got the position or not.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strength, weakness, why you chose your major, all basics.   Answer Question

Production Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Statoil (Houston, TX).

Interview

Casual interview, two interviewers. Asked questions about my life and what I was studying. No technical questions, and no surprise behavioral questions. Overall a good experience. One of my more comfortable interviews.

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Statoil in October 2015.

Interview

The process took a week. I applied for the posting on my university career center and was contacted within a week to schedule the interview appointment. Only a selected few made the cut. There were 20 spots available and filled on a first come first serve basis. I had attended a previous information session held by Statoil that week. I was to be interviewed by 2 people. One which I had met at the info session. My appointment was one of the last available in the afternoon, the hiring manager had left an hour prior to my scheduled time to deliver a presentation at the office. I feel I was at a disadvantage for I only interviewed with one of the two hiring managers while everyone else saw both. Regardless, the interview was easy going. No curve-balls, typical behavior and situational questions about your resume. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and we conversed over the 30minute time slot. I felt really good walking out and enjoyed the company feel. Unfortunately, I didn't get an offer as they were only looking for one candidate. The pay is on the higher end of the scale , great people and benefits are luxurious.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to meet a deadline? How did you do it.   1 Answer

Senior Joint Venture Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Statoil (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted 2 hrs. The first hour was with the hiring manager and lead. The 2nd hour was with 2 additional managers. There was no established formal interviewing format. Beware the company posted the role as permanent, a week later the recruiter came back to ask if I'd consider temp to perm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for statoil?   1 Answer

Leading Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Statoil (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was refreshingly simple and old fashioned. I applied online, the recruiter called and discussed the role and my credentials, and I was asked to interview.

In the interview I met with the recruiter and two other geologists. The recruiter gave a very good introduction to the company, then the two geologists asked several questions about my work experience that was directly relevant to the job role I applied for. They then explained what the role would entail.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was an old fashioned interview where they were trying to gauge my personality, if I would fit in, and if I had the skills to do the job.

I would not have been surprised if it was a three or four step interview process where at some point they ask those annoying questions "did you ever find yourself in such and such situation, how did you respond"...

Interview Questions

• Mainly all technical questions directly related to the work. Pleasant surprise   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good initial offer with minimal negotiation

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Statoil (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

- Logic test online
    - One single interview
    - Lots of background checks and documentation on very minor thing - like proof of where you lived 5 years ago
    - Long time (few months) before you hear back