Stax, Inc. Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Stax, Inc. Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 13, 2017

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, spoke to a recruiter and had an interview the next day. Interview was in their conference room with 2 people. Asked a variety questions about my background (work and education). Interviewers were very nice and helpful.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral Questions. Easy to understand. Just be yourself
    Questions from both HR and current associate, not much to think about just your experiences and skills. Phone interview first, than in-person interview at their office

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. First I was interviewed by two people on campus before I was brought in for a super which consisted of 2 cases and 2 behavioral interviews. Overall it was a very prompt and professional process. Pretty standard consulting interview.

Interview Questions

• How many barbers are in Chicago?   1 Answer

Contract Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied to a couple postings for the position several months apart. After my second application, I was contacted a little over a month later by a recruiter who asked if I was still interested. After I confirmed, we scheduled an in-person interview for the next week when she would be in the city.

I arrived in the office and as I was waiting, the recruiter came out and asked if I had a copy of my resume because she couldn't get the copy she had to open on her computer. I was thrown off because I had asked if I needed to bring anything and was told no. She eventually got it to work and we went to a conference room, which consisted of two couches because she didn't have a room reserved for the interview. The envoronment was very off-putting since we were the same age and I felt like we were hanging out rather than interviewing for a serious position. I became quite flustered and admittedly did pretty terrible. I became confused when she asked a question about the findings of one of my positions because she was interested as she was going back to school. This contributed to the "hanging out" atmosphere and it didn't feel right to me. She was extremely friendly, however, and I think it would have gone differently had I had more experience.

The position was 90% cold calling where you would use google/Linkedin to find potential contacts to call and interview. This is very different from other management companies because, from what I have heard, they typical have a list of prescreened clients so that the researcher can get results more quickly. Upon learning that it was mainly cold calling with little to no analysis of the data, I lost interest. The recruited contacted me a week later saying they were pursuing other candidates. I was happy to see that she followed up with me as many companies that I have interviewed with tend to ignore my follow-ups and avoid telling me I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• All basic questions. Do your homework on the industry/company.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

There is a phone interview with the HR lady, then an in-person interview, first behavioral then case. But if you don't live in Boston or Chicago, you can do it over Skype. Then there's the final round, they bring you in for that. Final round has a behavioral pane, 2 one-on-one panels, a case, and an Excel test. Final round is a phone call with the CEO.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Both rounds of interviews were over the phone. First round was just talking about the resume and the second round was a case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience at XYZ consulting.   Answer Question
    • If a fast food chain at a small location wants to open up a new store in a city, how would you go about doing it? (Can't remember the exact details about the numbers)   Answer Question