Stax, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stax, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Contractor Interview

Interview

Easy. Overview of job. Ran through CV. Quick turnaround time on offer. People were nice and upfront about the nature of the job. No sweat. It's a qualitative job so if math ain't your thing, no prob brah

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

First received a phone call from the recruiter in the Boston office. The phone call was less "interview" focused as the recruiter took considerable time to explain the nature of the role (i.e. a lot of phone calls to industry figureheads and logging them) and the contracting type of employment (i.e. called in for projects based on availability and individual performance). We scheduled an in-person interview a week later at the end of the phone call.

The in-person interview was conducted with the recruiter and a full-time research associate (RA). Similar to the phone call, the recruiter and RA focused on trying to "sell" me on the role. While I felt like I had little opportunity (the RA did a lot of the talking), the experience was very friendly and positive; I never felt like I was on the defensive. When I was asked about my experience, I was asked to describe my experience with primary research for approximately 3 minutes.

I received an offer that day a few hours after the interview, but I ultimately turned it down as I was looking for consistent, full-time work and hands on consulting. If one is in need of a filler in-between jobs, however, it perhaps wouldn't be a bad opportunity to consider or pursue.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, spoke to a recruiter and had an interview the next day. Interview was in their conference room with 2 people. Asked a variety questions about my background (work and education). Interviewers were very nice and helpful.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stax, Inc..

Interview

it was a three step process first interview was with HR and then with a manager and a consultant, finally a case presentation with the director. You have to apply online and answer a questionnaire to get through first.

Research Associate (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The first step was an initial phone interview, very straight forward. The next steps are in person interviews at their office. They make things very comfortable and they get back to you very quickly. I heard back within a couple days at the most. The first in person interview with the director of HR was very similar to the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about your experience and your ability to make phone calls. They also ask about the direction you see your career going.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

Interview

I first had a telephone interview with an individual who supervised all the research associates. It lasted about 20 minutes. The individual was very friendly and took the time to understand my resume and thoroughly explain the job to me. About a week later, had an in-person interview with the manager of HR. This lasted about 30 minutes and was very similar to the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe an instance in which I performed primary research, the methodology I used, and the results I obtained.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stax, Inc..

Interview

Took about two weeks. I was referred for the role. The hr person was really nice at the beginning but took two weeks to let me know they were not going to hire me. I guess I should be happy they even told me, right?

I didn't like the company when I went in. They let me wait for 10 min at the door without anyone greeting me even thought 5 different people saw me standing. Also, I was never told who I would interview with so they randomly send people in. After the first person left I knew I was not getting the job because they sent in two junior people and one of them kept yawning.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral Questions. Easy to understand. Just be yourself
    Questions from both HR and current associate, not much to think about just your experiences and skills. Phone interview first, than in-person interview at their office

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stax, Inc..

Interview

very straight forward, sent resume, got a reply, went for interview with the recruiter. She was friendly and asked about my background and the work I had done before. She explained that the contract based position mainly involves calling people in the field of research and try to interview them and gather iinformation.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stax, Inc. (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter, who scheduled a phone interview. I was then called in for an interview to meet with two consultants. We went over my resume, my experiences with research, and what my future goals were. A few days later, I received a phone call from HR with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The consultants will test you on a few of your answers. They'll ask "who would you do that" or " what methods and resources did you use."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on my part.