StayWell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

StayWell Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at StayWell in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was to be conducted via Google Hangout. Staywell was late to the meeting, didn't send invite until after the scheduled time. When the meeting did start only one of the three people were on video and it was choppy, poor quality and froze often. Of the two others, one had poor audio and could not be understood. Only one person had a copy of the resume and was prepared for the interview. It took almost 10 minutes before introductions were made and that was only in response to my request. 20 minutes into the interview only one question had been asked and I asked that it be rescheduled when everyone were prepared and to use a more reliable medium.

Overall a very poor impression of the company and an embarrassment to the people involved.

Manager, Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at StayWell (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Initial interview started in November, meet with 5 different people over three different meeting times. Final answer was provided 4 months later, in February of following year indicating I did not possess a skill set that I actually did possess and discussed with hiring manager during the interview process. (I suspect the hiring manager may have lost track of the details between applicants and length of time between interviews and decision, and consequently may not have facts straight.) Actual time spent with hiring manager over the three visits = 35 minutes. One red flag was that the HR contact requested that I fill out their application (no problem) and a background check form including SSN#/Date of birth, and other personal information to be submitted at first interview to the hiring manager. I do believe they should consider changing this process as the hiring manager should NOT have any access to this information during the interview process, or ever, this is data that only HR should manage and handle with care.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions during the interview process, nothing difficult or unusual. Most interviews time were short and at time had more than one Staywell representative.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at StayWell in February 2012.

Interview

I applied for this job via the internet. They liked my resume and asked me to fill out a more formal application and Email it to them before a phone screen from HR. Then I had another phone screen with the hiring manager not long after that.

A few days later, it was decided the hiring manager wanted to meet me so I came in one day to meet this person and the person in HR. It was a general "get to know you" interview with the hiring manager. The questions were mostly background related. We seemed to hit it off relatively well. Same could be said for the person in HR. It seemed like a very laid back environment when I was there. Friendly people.

They decided to bring me back in for a 2nd round of interviews with another 4 or 5 people. Most of the interviews were background related and how my qualifications would fit into the position. There may have been a behavioral based question or two thrown in for good measure. In general, I thought I did well on all of them. The only one I wasn't entirely sure about was the manager of the hiring manager. This person seemed a little difficult to get a feel for. Very nerdy and a bland personality.

I was told I'd know an answer in a week or two but it took them several weeks to get back to me. I had followed up a few times to see the status of the situation but the hiring manager was nowhere to be found on either Email or telephone (left a voice message). Finally about a month after my last interview with them, I received a letter in the mail telling me they were still looking but I wasn't under consideration any longer. Of course, I pretty much knew by that point by their lack of response that I wasn't getting the position. They left me hanging for so long that it was obvious. I'd have preferred if the hiring manager could have at least talked to me on the phone after the time I had spent meeting with their people. I thought I deserved at least a courtesy call on it.

Anyway, the interviews were not challenging or intense so if you interview here, just do the normal prep work and you should be fine.

The one red flag I did feel about the place is that it appears that most (all?) of the management flies in from other (distant) states every week and doesn't appear to have a real commitment to the local area. It makes you wonder what the future of the place is going to be. Preparing it to be sold? Lack of long term commitment at the top? It gives the wrong impression to candidates and I'd have to wonder what employees think.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this position at StayWell Health?   Answer Question

Client Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at StayWell in September 2011.

Interview

The department's managing editor followed up with me by email, shortly after I applied for the position. She requested a letter detailing my reason for my interest in the position since the website I applied through wouldn't allow me to submit one with my application. Within 24 hours of submitting the letter, I received a request for a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to complete an editorial test, which was emailed to me that evening, with a request that I complete it within 48 hours.

The editorial test as a, maybe 600 word article, that needed heavy editing to fit the Krames style and tone. I was given a word count to aim for when making cuts. What needed to be done was pretty obvious.

Within 24 hours of emailing the completed test back to the company, I received a request for an in-person interview, and I was asked to bring samples of work I'd done.

The managing editor was friendly, approachable, talkative. She was articulate in the way she described the department's protocol and the position itself. She seemed to genuinely like her job. Her boss was there as well, and had very little to say, but seemed friendly, and was responsive to my questions. They looked over my samples very briefly, seemed to like them, and I offered to leave them, but a glance was all they seemed to need. They gave me a handful of their own publications and sent me on my way.

The total in-person interview took 2 hours, mostly on account of the lengthy paper application I was asked to complete in the reception area. Fortunately I was allowed to submit my resume in lieu of HANDWRITING all of my work experience information on page 7 and 8 of the 20 page application.

After talking with both of my interviewers for over an hour, seemingly answering all of their questions to their satisfaction, (the interviewer finished out the interview by commenting that she'd written questions down but I'd answered them without her evening having to ask), and some friendly patter about the neighborhood we both lived in, and the convenience of the public transportation options from there . . .

I went home. I looked over the materials I'd been given and emailed the managing editor a thank you, expressing my interest in the position and asking for a time line on the decision. She replied fairly quickly, but didn't volunteer any information about the timeline. Then . . .

Nothing. Radio silence. I emailed a followed up a week after our last correspondence and received no reply. 12 days after the in-person interview, I'd received no notice about the position being filled, no form letter thanking me for interviewing, nothing.

I did, however, notice that on the Monday following my in-person, the position I'd interviewed for was reposted to their website.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if the marketing/editorial work I'd done in my last position had measurable effects, and wanted to know specifically how those results were measured.   1 Answer