StayWell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

StayWell Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.7

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at StayWell in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was to be conducted via Google Hangout. Staywell was late to the meeting, didn't send invite until after the scheduled time. When the meeting did start only one of the three people were on video and it was choppy, poor quality and froze often. Of the two others, one had poor audio and could not be understood. Only one person had a copy of the resume and was prepared for the interview. It took almost 10 minutes before introductions were made and that was only in response to my request. 20 minutes into the interview only one question had been asked and I asked that it be rescheduled when everyone were prepared and to use a more reliable medium.

Overall a very poor impression of the company and an embarrassment to the people involved.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at StayWell.

Interview

HR does nothing, no pre-screenings, nothing. The manager/director is the only one conducting interviews. Employee referrals are key. They are very hesitant to talk salary on the calls and always low ball compared to the industry. Interviews are all over the phone.

Manager, Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at StayWell (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Initial interview started in November, meet with 5 different people over three different meeting times. Final answer was provided 4 months later, in February of following year indicating I did not possess a skill set that I actually did possess and discussed with hiring manager during the interview process. (I suspect the hiring manager may have lost track of the details between applicants and length of time between interviews and decision, and consequently may not have facts straight.) Actual time spent with hiring manager over the three visits = 35 minutes. One red flag was that the HR contact requested that I fill out their application (no problem) and a background check form including SSN#/Date of birth, and other personal information to be submitted at first interview to the hiring manager. I do believe they should consider changing this process as the hiring manager should NOT have any access to this information during the interview process, or ever, this is data that only HR should manage and handle with care.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions during the interview process, nothing difficult or unusual. Most interviews time were short and at time had more than one Staywell representative.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at StayWell.

Interview

Email with HR rep. Followed by phone call to come in/date+time.

Sit with 2 managers. They ask questions they got from a website for "interview questions."

Don't bother wearing anything nice, dress shirt/pants. People couldn't care less when you sit in the call center. Some wear hoodies, some wear pajamas. No one sees you, you're tucked away.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about this job? Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Not an option.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at StayWell (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Completed a phone interview with hiring manager. This was then followed by an in person interview. Wrapped up with a panel interview with the team I was going to be working with.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at StayWell in February 2012.

Interview

I applied for this job via the internet. They liked my resume and asked me to fill out a more formal application and Email it to them before a phone screen from HR. Then I had another phone screen with the hiring manager not long after that.

A few days later, it was decided the hiring manager wanted to meet me so I came in one day to meet this person and the person in HR. It was a general "get to know you" interview with the hiring manager. The questions were mostly background related. We seemed to hit it off relatively well. Same could be said for the person in HR. It seemed like a very laid back environment when I was there. Friendly people.

They decided to bring me back in for a 2nd round of interviews with another 4 or 5 people. Most of the interviews were background related and how my qualifications would fit into the position. There may have been a behavioral based question or two thrown in for good measure. In general, I thought I did well on all of them. The only one I wasn't entirely sure about was the manager of the hiring manager. This person seemed a little difficult to get a feel for. Very nerdy and a bland personality.

I was told I'd know an answer in a week or two but it took them several weeks to get back to me. I had followed up a few times to see the status of the situation but the hiring manager was nowhere to be found on either Email or telephone (left a voice message). Finally about a month after my last interview with them, I received a letter in the mail telling me they were still looking but I wasn't under consideration any longer. Of course, I pretty much knew by that point by their lack of response that I wasn't getting the position. They left me hanging for so long that it was obvious. I'd have preferred if the hiring manager could have at least talked to me on the phone after the time I had spent meeting with their people. I thought I deserved at least a courtesy call on it.

Anyway, the interviews were not challenging or intense so if you interview here, just do the normal prep work and you should be fine.

The one red flag I did feel about the place is that it appears that most (all?) of the management flies in from other (distant) states every week and doesn't appear to have a real commitment to the local area. It makes you wonder what the future of the place is going to be. Preparing it to be sold? Lack of long term commitment at the top? It gives the wrong impression to candidates and I'd have to wonder what employees think.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this position at StayWell Health?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yardley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at StayWell (Yardley, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Telephone Screening first, then followed up with quick notification for an in person interview, person interviewing built up the company, the position, very nice window dressing for the site offered a position almost right away. Pay was low

Interview Questions

• Why have you been leaving companies after 2 or 3 years?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to this company from your others jobs?   1 Answer

Pay was 13.00 per hour for this position. Company did not present themselves as very transparent about the company commission structure which after further questioning said it was once a year and eluded what cost the potential employer could guestimate for health care cost etc..Offer given and accept or decline at moment of offer. The salary range should of been discussed initially. The training for the position would be quick and then you would be doing the job.

Client Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at StayWell in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager reached out to me first through email. She asked for some writing samples and then asked me to edit an article as part of a writing test. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview. The interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if a coworker wasn't pulling their weight?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate much. I asked for the highest salary for the job and I did get that, but there was no discussion about benefits or vacation time.

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at StayWell (Evanston, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager on the first interview. On the second interview, met with other senior designers who reviewed my portfolio and asked questions. I felt it was a positive experience and was really excited about going to work with this company. Hiring manager wasn't the chatty type, so it all went fairly smoothly and quickly. It was also great to meet some of the fellow designers in the second interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my skills and experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was offered a specific salary and it was an "accept it" or "don't accept it" kind of scenario.

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at StayWell (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

Didn't seem like the interviewer was prepared adequately. Pretty basic questions and not very engaging, as if she had something better to do. Seemed like she wasn't very happy in her own job.