Steak n Shake Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

1.0

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Pensacola, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

So I filled out an application and was called in for an interview. I was pretty excited. I dressed pretty nice and went to the interview. And my first impression was how bad it looked. The workers just look dead and some were standing around and gossiping. The kitchen was dirty and crowded. But I decided to go for it. The manager handed me a paper application and told me to fill it out. Once I finished I went to hand it to him and he told me to wait until he interviews the first guy. While i was sitting a older guy came and told the manager everything was horrible and he wouldnt be returning. Let me tell you. The interviewee that went before me was dressed horribly. Saggy pants. Black shirt. A big jacket. I'm not judging but that isn't proper! I sat and waited and watched his interview. They hired him. Then it was my turn. The manager came to me and told me he will be back and I waited 25 minutes and he never showed. So I walked out. And he called me a hour or so later. I didn't answer. That entire interview was unprofessional.

Other Interview Reviews for Steak n Shake

Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in February 2014.

Interview

Easy interview setting. Brought in as a group and then interviewed independently. Asked questions about availability work . Had to wait a while for the Manager to get to you to interview. If hired, must purchase black pants, shoes and button down colored shirt.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Job geered towards kids and students. Basic questions concerning prior work history and availability. Easier to get in if you can work early morning or overnight   Answer Question