Steak n Shake General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steak n Shake General Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (South Bend, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviews were nessecary to get promoted to this position. Human Resources and the Division President. Everyone in upper management wants to see people succeed so it was more of a peep talk than an interview. Before hand there was a period where I was in an acting GM role. Too see if I could handle and enjoy the new position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are ready to run a store?   1 Answer
  • What has been your biggest struggle in preparing for this role?   1 Answer
  • What strength do you have that will help you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Steak n Shake

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (North Richland Hills, TX).

Interview

Several phone interviews, one on site. Interviewed with District Manager a GM at location. GM left one month after start date so any information or expectations he has left with him. Have had 3 District Managers since he left. The General Manager at the store I interviews at seemed like he had more he wanted to tell me but was affair to because he was in the presents of the District Manager.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in October 2013.

Interview

Human resources called. Set up a phone interview. Be yourself...if you have been in the food business and are passionate and care about the company you work for....then you know you will be responsible for the entire restaurant....labor, food costs, guest satisfaction, food quality and safety...etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I let them know what I wanted and was given what I asked for. This company needs AMAZING people. I should have asked for more. If you are a HARD worker that TAKES your JOB SERIOUS....then this is the company to work for....so much room for growth!

General Manager Interview

Interview

8 hour Job preview. "GET TO WORK"

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Peoria, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online with resume. Recruiter contacted with interview time and scheduled according. Phone interview was more detailed than the second in person interview. Went through background check and received offer. A process that took a month from application to offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical shift. A very open question but one that can be long and detailed to answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

I met with the District Manager on a Tuesday, and the Regional V.P. on Wednesday.
    They run through Managers like water.
    It's hard to take them serious when they seem so desperate to find candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a negative Customer Service interaction and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Orlando, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

Basic Questions for a young person. Alot of minors and first time jobs.

Interview Questions

• You will just be asked what the most important part of hospitality is to you. what does it mean to you? be ready to answer that with focus on the guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Our ride or the highway.