Steak n Shake Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steak n Shake Hostess Interview Questions

1.5

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for hostess on Snagajob, and got a call for an interview about a week later. The interview was only 10 minutes long. The guy that interviewed me just asked me if I'm good at multitasking and my availability, then he scheduled me for another interview the next day. I was hired on the spot at my second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Steak n Shake

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in July 2014.

Interview

Initially applied on Snag-A-Job in late May, right after school let out, along with basically every other opening shown on Snag-A-Job that i could apply for, didn't hear back from anyone for about a month, I guess all the smart summer job kids applied early spring semester to secure their jobs. Got a call mid July saying that my application looked good and could I come in the next morning for an interview? So I went in the next morning at like 8AM for my interview, waited a bit for the manager to be done with the guy interviewing, then sat down at a table in the corner with the manager. The whole franchise is pretty much about being as family friendly and peppy as possible, so it definitely pays to put your absolute best forward. Cheerful and polite, and making a definite effort to show interest in your interviewer. There's a standard questionnaire they have to fill out, with generic questions about your work history, former working experiences, when you can work, etc and they write down a summary of your answer and give a 1-3 rating beside each one. I made sure to ask my interviewer about her experiences at Steak N Shake, how long had she been working with them, what was her favorite thing about working there, and basically ended up having a heart-to-hearg about her life story and her future goals for the franchise. Wrapped it up with a background check to sign, which I took home for my mom to sign seems I'm still a minor, turned that in first thing next morning, and got a call three days later telling me when my orientation would be.

Interview Questions

• The one question that tripped me up a bit was the "Why do you want to work at Steak N Shake?" because in my interviewing-anxiety-state the only thing that popped into my blank mind was "I need money" which, while brutally honest, is definitely NOT what a future employer wants to hear.   1 Answer