Steak n Shake Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2018

1.9

Host/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I kept in contact with the General manager for a while before my first shift, about a month after the initial phone call offering me an interview. The process was straight forward along with the general manager himself. At the end he said that I was starting for 8.50 an hour, told me my uniform, and welcomed me aboard.

Interview Questions

• What is your available hours to work   1 Answer
    • What’s your plan after school   1 Answer
    • How long are you going to stay with Steak ‘n Shake   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Didn't take long to receive a call for an interview. Interview process was easy. Hiring process didn't take more than a week. Asked several questions regarding person and questions about availability.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Brunswick, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed, I wanted to be a server, but i got thrown into back of house. They didn't hire me for what I wanted to be hired as, it ended up working out for me because I got alot of expierience in little time, the interview and hiring process only took about a week for me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Very confusing. They want to do video interview but are not even close to be ready. Some questions were irrelevant and misleading. I wonder why their management turnover is extremely high and restaurant service is subpar.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you visit one of the locations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Lancaster, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

-Applied Online with Glass Door
    -Called 2 Weeks after I had applied
    -Asked to come in the next day
    -Interviewed
    -Offered Job
    -Filled out a lot of paperwork online
    -Got a Work Permit
    -Began working on a training schedule

Food Prep/Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Louisville, KY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Indeed and then I was contacted by a recruiter. I scheduled the interview for 2:00 in the afternoon on a Friday. I walked into the restaurant on Friday, and I told the cashier I was there for an interview. They took me to a table and told me to wait for the GM. I waited about 15 minutes and then the GM appeared. He mostly asked me about my transportation and availability-not too difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• If I called your last job, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in December 2017.

Interview

Interview was really easy. I was super nervous when I first walked in because I really needed a job. Had just moved to Missouri, and no where else was interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Email Contact, then phone interview. The phone interview was adversarial, and unprofessional. They definitely need a more professional and capable recruitment team. Questions like when was the last time you ate at a Steak n Shake are absurd. Base your hiring decisions on whether the candidate is educated and fits the need of the position-not whether they eat your fast food. Have professional interviewers that are polite and don't conduct themselves with the demeanor of an angry homicide investigator.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you ate at a Steak n Shake?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Boise, ID).

Interview

4 Interviews, two from recruiter, one from HR representative and then a VP. The HR rep gave a Skype interview. Positioned herself perpendicular to me and rarely looked at me

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about relocating?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Dayton, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Tuner was awesome. She made the interview process flawless. She followed up with me at every point to make sure that I had the information I needed to be successful in my interview process. We did have a few issues with skype but she even made that work for me. Thank you Turner and Yasmine was very helpful as well.

Interview Questions

• She asked about my background and my aspirations for the future. She wanted to know exactly what it is I was looking for and found me a great fit.   1 Answer