Steak n Shake Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Steak n Shake Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2018

1.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Didn't take long to receive a call for an interview. Interview process was easy. Hiring process didn't take more than a week. Asked several questions regarding person and questions about availability.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Very confusing. They want to do video interview but are not even close to be ready. Some questions were irrelevant and misleading. I wonder why their management turnover is extremely high and restaurant service is subpar.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you visit one of the locations?   1 Answer

Food Prep/Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Louisville, KY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Indeed and then I was contacted by a recruiter. I scheduled the interview for 2:00 in the afternoon on a Friday. I walked into the restaurant on Friday, and I told the cashier I was there for an interview. They took me to a table and told me to wait for the GM. I waited about 15 minutes and then the GM appeared. He mostly asked me about my transportation and availability-not too difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• If I called your last job, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Email Contact, then phone interview. The phone interview was adversarial, and unprofessional. They definitely need a more professional and capable recruitment team. Questions like when was the last time you ate at a Steak n Shake are absurd. Base your hiring decisions on whether the candidate is educated and fits the need of the position-not whether they eat your fast food. Have professional interviewers that are polite and don't conduct themselves with the demeanor of an angry homicide investigator.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you ate at a Steak n Shake?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Boise, ID).

Interview

4 Interviews, two from recruiter, one from HR representative and then a VP. The HR rep gave a Skype interview. Positioned herself perpendicular to me and rarely looked at me

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about relocating?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Dayton, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Tuner was awesome. She made the interview process flawless. She followed up with me at every point to make sure that I had the information I needed to be successful in my interview process. We did have a few issues with skype but she even made that work for me. Thank you Turner and Yasmine was very helpful as well.

Interview Questions

• She asked about my background and my aspirations for the future. She wanted to know exactly what it is I was looking for and found me a great fit.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 hi level executives, finance & Vp operations. Skype interview with CEO was the final one. The questions were more towards running the business right, people skills etc.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Filled out app, was called in 4 days. Scheduled an interview and went in as scheduled. They took forever to come to the interview. It was very brief, asked me a few personality questions and scaenarios

Server Interview

Interview

easy it was the easiest thing in the world. so easy. background check the day of. managers are super easy as well everything is easy about the interview super easy

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

the person was very interactive, engaged, supportive and communicated well / timely. The guy was easy to relate to and made sure I felt good in the process and kept me informed of the process and different steps / people I would be talking with and job observation.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 things you observe that create a great customer experience   1 Answer