Steak n Shake Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2018

1.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Mishawaka, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

I had to wait for hours and had 3 interviews all asking they same questions. I don't believe management talked to each other. They were the worst interviews that I have ever sat through. The types of questions were not very effective, they did not explain the job that I was going to be doing very well or how much stress the job puts on you.

Interview Questions

• My work experience, my life, do I have kids, what I like to do, do i have any rewards and about my attendance.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career fair asking for it to be reviewed for a possible internship which was then screened for a over the phone interview, which then was narrowed down for a final in person interview, then there was a final phone call to let you know if you had received the offer for the position or not and salary was discussed.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for out of this experience?   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Warner Robins, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Short and to the point. They needed people and I was a person. They just really needed workers so being hired wasn't hard in anyway. It was an alright summer job i geuss.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Easy questions that are pretty standard for most food industry jobs. I met three times with each of their different managers and finally got the job after three weeks of interviews. I little much if you ask me.

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Bolingbrook, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I went in and delivered an application in person. They didn't contact me for two weeks. Eventually, when I called two weeks later to follow up, they said that they had lost my application but had been wanting to bring me in for an interview. I had one in person interview and was offered the job on the spot. It was kind of awkward because we sat at a booth in the restaurant, but it was very relaxed and the manager was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Which is more important: a good product or good service?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in July 2014.

Interview

The manager had me wait for a while. Since I went on Snag a Job I had to spend more time filling out a paper application. He asked me five questions 3 regular questions: tell me about yourself, interests, why do you want to work here etc. It was done quickly and said they'll call after more interviews

Interview Questions

• What does an average day for you look like
      What is your idea of an ideal boss   Answer Question

Offered cook position instead of server

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Austell, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview is quick and to the point. I met with the manager then the GM. I initially wanted to be a cook but the manager insisted I should apply for the server position. It helped break away my shyness. One should always smile when interviewing while being very energetic.

Interview Questions

• Don't really remember, but typical servicer questions. Tell me about a time when you made a guest happy. Tell me a time when you can't answer a guest request. Why do you want to work their.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Bloomington, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted the application, I followed up a week later, then they asked me to come in for an interview, at the end of it she told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• She asked about my strengths and weaknesses, what I saw in the restaurant that needed to be fixed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Rockford, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

So I was interviewed once and it was good they asked simple questions like what would you do in this situation, how have you handled difficult things, one time you didn't get along with a coworker. But for my second interview it took over a month because they just didn't care I called everyday basically and in the end, they just skipped the second interview and just gave me the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Urbana, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

I walked in, asked for an application, filled it out, gave it to the manager. He told me to come back Tuesday at 10:30, ask for Melissa. (This was on Fri, if that makes a difference.)

Came back Tuesday at 10:30, asked for Melissa. I was seated by a waitress, and was asked if I wanted anything to drink. I didn't accept because I wasn't sure if it was going to cost (I didn't have any money, so I didn't want to find out the hard way.

I had to wait for Melissa from 10:20 to 11:45, then the manager, not Melissa, of the store comes out and apologizes for making me wait so long. They couldn't find my application. :\

So I wait another 15 minutes, she finally comes out, apologizes for making me wait. She was very nice overall. It looked like she had hand written interview questions, which I like about an employer, because it shows they're not just reading a script and depending on how well you read the script with them, is how you get the job.

I think the time I spent waiting was probably spent getting my background check, because she then asked about any past offenses. It had been on the application and I said I had been convicted of two felonies. LSS, Steak n Shake's policy is 36 mos before they will hire you if you have a money theft felony. (Yes, I know it was wrong, and no one should ever hire me again, but every one makes mistakes and mine just happened to be a huge one. I'm trying to make up for everything by getting a job and paying back everything that I took. )

Anyway, uh. That was alot longer than I had planned on being. >.>

Hope that helps you at all. :)

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about coming back in 18 months and interviewing again?   1 Answer