Steak n Shake Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.4

Fountain Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (New York, NY).

Interview

I was a little irked that the man who actually contacted me for the interview wasn't there for the interview and waited about 15 minutes for someone to speak to me but the people who came to speak to me were very polite, friendly and informative and I was asked back for a second interview with the man who initially contacted me so fingers crossed!

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Pensacola, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

So I filled out an application and was called in for an interview. I was pretty excited. I dressed pretty nice and went to the interview. And my first impression was how bad it looked. The workers just look dead and some were standing around and gossiping. The kitchen was dirty and crowded. But I decided to go for it. The manager handed me a paper application and told me to fill it out. Once I finished I went to hand it to him and he told me to wait until he interviews the first guy. While i was sitting a older guy came and told the manager everything was horrible and he wouldnt be returning. Let me tell you. The interviewee that went before me was dressed horribly. Saggy pants. Black shirt. A big jacket. I'm not judging but that isn't proper! I sat and waited and watched his interview. They hired him. Then it was my turn. The manager came to me and told me he will be back and I waited 25 minutes and he never showed. So I walked out. And he called me a hour or so later. I didn't answer. That entire interview was unprofessional.

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Pensacola, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Very hectic and cool interview. I was asked to fill out a paper application before the interview and handed it in to the manger. The manager mostly talked about what I'd have to expect while working there and clued me in on the ups and downs of the job position. Manager was very friendly and funny. I enjoyed the interview and was told that I'd be called back for a second interview if my qualifications meet their needs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Drive Thru Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florissant, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Florissant, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Two people interviewed me different days . The man was nice and the women manager was mean. She asked if I was friendly and I said yes . She told me she wasn't looking for friendly workers. During the interview I said I was hardworking , reliable and motivated. I answered all the questions professionally but she was very mean.

Interview Questions

• Are you friendly ?
      How many people liked or disliked you?
      GPA in school
      Other question but can't remember
      Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

It started very good, upbeat a lot of information and facts exchanged both ways,at the phone interview and also with the district manager in person.
    But then the breakdown occurred when there was the 3rd interview by phone with the VP of Operations. Everything came down to a screeching halt.

Interview Questions

• Salary requirements and what do I bring to the company and why should I be hired   Answer Question

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Springfield, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

fast asked basic questions hired on the spot.sleezy manager.also were low cut because he wil be a sleeze a nd hire you.hopefullu you will find a better job ad n ot work jete

Server and Back Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

The guy was really dull never really looked at me seemed very disinterested . I was very dissatisfied. I applied online and their was alot of people but most people came jeans and a tee shirt not me

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked on your feet for a long time and was tried after   Answer Question

Drive-Thru Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The pre-interview interview was great. The manager was very nice, and invited me back for a full interview. She hinted that she wants me to work for her. My next interview is Thursday. I will update after.

Drive-Thru Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Tampa Palms, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on snag a jobs. Then I went up there on tuesday and met one of the mangers and told her I was checking on my application and she said come Thursday at 5 so Bryan our hiring manger can interview you. So I did. And waited 2 hours for Bryan he never showed up. He got stuck in traffic they said. And told me to come back the following Thursday so I did and I waited 45 mins for him to arrive and saw him interact with customers. Then he asked my name and sat me at a table in the back. And asked me questions about myself nothing to hard though. Then he said you're 16 have little experience but neither did I when I started working here at that age so I'm going to give you a chance. He started telling me about himself and making jokes. Had me sign papers and told me the policies and that I need to purchase my own uniform and that orientation is Monday. And today is Saturday and I'm excited to start. I'm going to Walmart to get my uniform tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Why steak n shake? Why not McDonald's or taco bell? Why here?   1 Answer
    • Why do you need the money?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Miami, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

I walked in one day and asked for an application to the lady working the cash register. She gave it to me and told me to come back in two days at 4 o'clock and turn it in (that was when the manager would be there). I came back and he told me he would be interviewing people next week on a Tuesday. I came in and there were about 8 people, all teenagers including myself. We were waiting in a little area, and across the room was the interviewer in one table, and the manager in the other. We would go one by one. When it was my turn, the interviewer asked simple questions. Why would you like to work with us, when are you available, tell us about yourself. Then we had to go to the manager and he told me about the uniform, and to sign a background check, and that he would call me in a couple days for orientation. Unfortunately, the call never came and I called, asking what happened. I qualified, but they did not have any spots available at the moment. I was so upset.

Interview Questions

• they were all easy, so probably "tell us about yourself"   Answer Question