Steak n Shake Drive-Thru Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steak n Shake Drive-Thru Operator Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2017

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Fort Pierce, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Fort Pierce, FL).

Interview

I went in and filled out a application, had a interview with the general manager the same day and also filled out my paperwork got called back the next day and said i was hired

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Steak n Shake

Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Elkhart, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Asked good questions and was not intimidating. The interviewer was welcoming and tries to help you as much as they can. The questions are not hard but it will take a awhile because they have stop to help customers in between questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with a team? How is your temper? What are your plans for the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Hampton, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

my store does walk in interviews unless you're called in. Interview went smoothly. My general manager only asked me 3 questions. He shook my hand at the end and waiting for my background check to be completed. Process took a week and a received a call back the Sunday after

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The pre-interview interview was great. The manager was very nice, and invited me back for a full interview. She hinted that she wants me to work for her. My next interview is Thursday. I will update after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Tampa Palms, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on snag a jobs. Then I went up there on tuesday and met one of the mangers and told her I was checking on my application and she said come Thursday at 5 so Bryan our hiring manger can interview you. So I did. And waited 2 hours for Bryan he never showed up. He got stuck in traffic they said. And told me to come back the following Thursday so I did and I waited 45 mins for him to arrive and saw him interact with customers. Then he asked my name and sat me at a table in the back. And asked me questions about myself nothing to hard though. Then he said you're 16 have little experience but neither did I when I started working here at that age so I'm going to give you a chance. He started telling me about himself and making jokes. Had me sign papers and told me the policies and that I need to purchase my own uniform and that orientation is Monday. And today is Saturday and I'm excited to start. I'm going to Walmart to get my uniform tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Why steak n shake? Why not McDonald's or taco bell? Why here?   1 Answer
    • Why do you need the money?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

My interview was about 30 seconds long and he only asked me about what job I would like to do and then gave me a background check form and said I was hired

Interview Questions

• What job would you like to do?   1 Answer

Drive-Thru Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in June 2014.

Interview

I was referred by my bestfriend, who worked there as well. I printed out an app, filled it out, then went to take it to them. I gave it to the assistant manager, who was very nice. He looked over my app and asked me how old was I and some other questions, then asked me to sign a background check paper. I knew I had gotten the job right then and there when he told me he would definitely call me back. This was in May. June came, and I still had not gotten my call back. I tried to call back once and was left on hold for 30 minutes. So a week later, I had my grandma call them back. She explained I had already been interviewed and had my background check. The general manager requested I come in 2 days later for a second interview. I met with her and she was very nice and sweet. She asked me basic questions "Why do you want to work here" "Where do you go to school" "What is your availability?" and told me about how they need help bad. She told me I got the job then scheduled me for my orientation. Working there was nice until I met the "regular" manager, who was very rude, disrespectful, and racist. I quit 2 months after being hired because of him.

Interview Questions

• How old are you, Where do you go to school, Why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Springfield, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

wasn't all that great my application was even lost and i had to call back or i probably never would have been hired. This is a very poor way of keeping things together honestly had me wondering if i really wonted to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Oakwood, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Oakwood, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

In order to get an application, you have to go into the Steak n Shake you want to apply for, and talk to either the hostess or a manager. The application was very easy, no hard questions at all, and just the very basics of your information. I could tell almost immediately that it would be a high-stress and fast-paced environment; nearly all the workers seemed stressed and agitated.

Interview Questions

• Perhaps the most difficult question was about what two qualities you find the most important in an employer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I filled out an application, handed it to a manager, and after waiting a few minutes, they came out and offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Rogers, AR) in March 2011.

Interview

they basically had you show up and make sure that you could do basic addition and subtraction and if they liked you they have you come back and do a second interview with the general manager that was essentially a job offer as long as you don't do anything stupid

Interview Questions

• what's the change on a 2.62 bill if they pay with a 20?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation whatsoever, they start everyone out the same