Steak n Shake Waitress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steak n Shake Waitress Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2016

1.5

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Easy questions that are pretty standard for most food industry jobs. I met three times with each of their different managers and finally got the job after three weeks of interviews. I little much if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you have done to help your community.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Sanford, FL).

Interview

I applied for server but was offered dresser instead. First I called to let then know I applied and had a mini interview over the phone and at the interview besides the why work here question it was all review from the phone call. It was a very simple interview, he made kind of casual conversation so it wasn't tense like most interviews. He also offered it to me in the spot, told me how much I'm getting paid which could change and I had an orientation @ 3 on Tuesday. Questions were personal questions like when you can work and if you have any conflicting activities like school or anything like that. He gave me the vision and mission statement to remember which isn't hard at all, took me 2 days and an acceptance letter with the dress code on the back, you need that at orientation though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He said how would feel about being a dresser (since I make sandwiches at my other job).

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very quick and straight forward. They asked just basic questions but they were in much more of a hurry to get back to whatever they were doing instead of really being informative about the position. She wasn't detailed and just wanted the hole thing to be over with. They were looking to hire on the spot and didn't ask many questions that really mattered. Just basic name, age, work experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an open schedule   Answer Question
    • If I was willing to work nights   Answer Question
    • They asked very passively about my religion (I found out later that the manager who hired me asks that and has gotten into a lot of trouble about it)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Webster Groves, St. Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Webster Groves, St. Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

You go in and wait for a little bit. Then the manager on duty will have you fill out a sheet. Afterwards they go through their routine and ask you a few questions about availability and your personality.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous work experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Springfield, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

fast asked basic questions hired on the spot.sleezy manager.also were low cut because he wil be a sleeze a nd hire you.hopefullu you will find a better job ad n ot work jete

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Indeed and got a call the next day to come in the day after. The interview was about 10 mins long if that. Then I just came in a couple days later for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Bartlett, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Basic questions about why you want the job, your experience, and when you can start. You really don't have to have any previous experience as they hire a lot of people in highschool/college (and anyone else they can get). You will most likely be interviewed by the store managers. If the managers are rude right off the bat, take that as a sign that you shouldn't work for them.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in July 2014.

Interview

The manager had me wait for a while. Since I went on Snag a Job I had to spend more time filling out a paper application. He asked me five questions 3 regular questions: tell me about yourself, interests, why do you want to work here etc. It was done quickly and said they'll call after more interviews

Interview Questions

• What does an average day for you look like
      What is your idea of an ideal boss
      Answer Question

Offered cook position instead of server

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Bloomington, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted the application, I followed up a week later, then they asked me to come in for an interview, at the end of it she told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• She asked about my strengths and weaknesses, what I saw in the restaurant that needed to be fixed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Lewisville, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I sat down with the manager and talked over the particulars of the position that I had applied for, and my application. It took about an hour, but there were never any particularly difficult questions asked. Most of what she wanted to know related to times that I was willing to work and experience that I'd had.

Interview Questions

• I remember being asked what hours I was willing to work, and whether or not I had ever worked in a position like this before.   Answer Question