Steak n Shake Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

1.9

Table and Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Newark, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

They asked personal questions. They asked things pertaining to my frequent drug use as well as my familial relations and daily routines. I personally knew my interviewer from previous, albeit negative, experiences. However, it was good to reconnect with my roots. They chose to hire me because I am very fluent in Japanese and love anime.

Service Trainer Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in March 2009.

Interview

I applied three times and called many times after and only finelyl got a call back because i knew three of the workers there and one hires waitresses. she got me a job itnerview abotu a week later and i went and didnt do very well. the questions were very complicated and had to be answered with stories of experiences.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to drop your responsibilities to help soemone else?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career fair asking for it to be reviewed for a possible internship which was then screened for a over the phone interview, which then was narrowed down for a final in person interview, then there was a final phone call to let you know if you had received the offer for the position or not and salary was discussed.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for out of this experience?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume and received a call within the week to set up an interview. It was a very long interview with area supervisor and they were extremely thorough during the whole process. Explained the company very well and the expectations that would take place. Although thorough, I walked out of the interview feeling informed about the company and their standards.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about experience and "what would you do in this situation".   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in October 2013.

Interview

Human resources called. Set up a phone interview. Be yourself...if you have been in the food business and are passionate and care about the company you work for....then you know you will be responsible for the entire restaurant....labor, food costs, guest satisfaction, food quality and safety...etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I let them know what I wanted and was given what I asked for. This company needs AMAZING people. I should have asked for more. If you are a HARD worker that TAKES your JOB SERIOUS....then this is the company to work for....so much room for growth!

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

So I filled an application in and asked for the manager, sat there for about 30 minutes and then the trainer tells me he is to busy at the moment so give it to her to give to him, i didn't wanna give it to her but i did anyway, so a week later i called for the hiring manager. She said that she would look for it and call me later, I didn't get a call so i was worried that the trainer didnt give to to the manager, so i call the other manager and he sets an interview up the next morning. I go in and he said he lost my application and i have to reapply all over again, not only that but he was really rude and seemed very stupid for a manager. He also said I had no expierence for the job when i already worked at a different place for dining.I took in all the critism cause i wanted the job, he then said i would be getting a call later that day which i never got, i never called again because i don't wanna work for an idiot manager who is unresponsible and has no respect

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply when there's places closer to your house?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashtabula, OH

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Ashtabula, OH) in June 2009.

Interview

First it started with a phone interview. After phone interview I was asked to me the head of Human resources. That went fairly easy. Basic questions. I was than asked to meet the district manager with the head of Human resources. This interview was very long. It consumed of a personality test, math quiz, and IQ test, also drilled with a lot of other questions. After satisfying them with my answers I was scheduled for another interview with the Regional manager, District manager and the head of Human resources. This whole proccess took about 25 days. I did get the position.

Interview Questions

• If there is anything you could change in your life what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Very very Slow and it took 3-4 month for me to get called for an interview i was applying for lots of jobs so i cab get money to help me save for things i want and need badly but it tooks months for me tk get a response

Dress Table Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bonner Springs, KS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Bonner Springs, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

Room meeting with many other employees, though we were a new store, so this may not be usual. We were all fully dressed in uniforms with paperwork ready to fill out. The regional manager was the interviewer.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in January 2015.

Interview

apply online, phone interview, meet general manager, 4 hour job shadow and interview 1, meet and interview district manager, interview with regional management (in person or phone), 8 week training program.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about working in a food service environment?   1 Answer