Steak n Shake Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

1.9

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Palm Bay, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Showed up. Went to a table and manager came out and talked to me about the difficulties of the job. Asked me questions then scheduled a second interview with the GM.
    GM interview was the same but the GM asked different questions.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Collinsville, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. I was interviewed for the general manager, and she just asked me a few simple questions and had a short chat with me about my hobbies, and explained to me that they really needed good employees who would treat customers with respect. Interview took about 5 minutes.

I got hired on the spot as a drive thru operator because she thought I had a clear loud voice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for steak n shake?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very brief and was not really necessary for getting the job. It was more of "these are the positions we have available, which do you want?" To which I replied with whatever position I thought they would need the most.

Interview Questions

• What position has the most interest to you and which do you think you'd be best at?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (South Bend, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviews were nessecary to get promoted to this position. Human Resources and the Division President. Everyone in upper management wants to see people succeed so it was more of a peep talk than an interview. Before hand there was a period where I was in an acting GM role. Too see if I could handle and enjoy the new position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are ready to run a store?   1 Answer
    • What has been your biggest struggle in preparing for this role?   1 Answer
    • What strength do you have that will help you?   1 Answer

Grill Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in October 2016.

Interview

Very Laid back and they were looking for the person they felt best able to handle the pressure and pace that comes with the job and everything that goes with it.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Easy questions that are pretty standard for most food industry jobs. I met three times with each of their different managers and finally got the job after three weeks of interviews. I little much if you ask me.

Cash Interview

Interview

I put in an application a week before called to check on application set up a interview the next day interview was early I was nervous I sat down we talked and I was offered a job on the spot

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for out company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just plain didn't negotiate at all very stern

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got called 2 days later to come in for an interview. I was hired and was told I would receive paper work online. I was called a week later to come in for orientation and my first day. But overall it was pretty easy to get the job

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (North Richland Hills, TX).

Interview

Several phone interviews, one on site. Interviewed with District Manager a GM at location. GM left one month after start date so any information or expectations he has left with him. Have had 3 District Managers since he left. The General Manager at the store I interviews at seemed like he had more he wanted to tell me but was affair to because he was in the presents of the District Manager.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Single interview with the local franchise owner on site. Discussed needs of business, recent trends, past management experience from both location and personal, potential ideas for future growth. We discussed hours of operation, shifts expected to work, requirements of work detail including physical and mental challenges. Restaurant Management is a very demanding position with little to no downtime, very fast paced.

Interview Questions

• Perhaps the most difficult question asked was what my ideas would be for potential growth for the company, and not having worked for the company it was very difficult to answer.   1 Answer