Steak n Shake Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

1.9

Drive-Thru Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Elkhart, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Asked good questions and was not intimidating. The interviewer was welcoming and tries to help you as much as they can. The questions are not hard but it will take a awhile because they have stop to help customers in between questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with a team? How is your temper? What are your plans for the future?   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Warner Robins, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Short and to the point. They needed people and I was a person. They just really needed workers so being hired wasn't hard in anyway. It was an alright summer job i geuss.

Fountain Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Dalton, GA).

Interview

I had an one on one interview with steak n shake back in the year 2010. On arrival i was greeted with kindness by the workers if the front of the restaurant. The interview process started shortly after arrival and only lasted about 20 minutes. I spoke with the manager and was asked series of questions about myself, my experience, and what i could offer the company. It was to the point but had a sense of friendliness right of the bat. I felt comfortable and would recommend working at this company.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your work ethic?   1 Answer

Kitchen Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Hoover, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Went in for an application, Manager was welcoming and told me to keep coming back. They were helpful with getting the General Manager in the store to interview me.

First interview was simple, get-to-know-you type of questions
    Second interview was more in-depth, but quite simple nevertheless
    Orientation went smoothly, A bunch of paperwork as would most jobs offer.
    4 Days of Training

Cashier, Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seymour, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Seymour, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

Walked in and spoke to a manager and was told to show up to orientation in uniform. They also informed me that it was supposed to be 2 interviews and then orientation if i was hired but i never had a second interview

Interview Questions

• What expierience i had as a cashier   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Process was 4 steps for me. 1st with GM, second panel interview with GM and district manager. Third a phone interview with a human resources talent scout, 4th with vice president of operations. The first 3 were pretty standard, run of the mill interviews. The 4th was very challenging. I was asked questions about my motives, why I left the food industry in the first place, why I wanted to leave my current job, etc. After my 4th interview i had to submit to a background check. I also had to submit professional references. Once all this was completed, I was given an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• questions were run of the mill. What makes you a good fit for this position, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Most negotiations went on during interviews.

Dining Room Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

They had open interviews at the location we applied for. We went in was told to sign in and waited on hiring manager. I went first and was asked about availability my previous job experience and was offered the job on the spot. Filled out conditionial job offer and was told when to come to orientation my husband was interviewed after me and was hired on the spot as well. We start next Tuesday easiest interview ever

Interview Questions

• What is your availability like?   1 Answer

Steam Fry Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Lynchburg, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Called me quickly, easy interview but didn't know unless I contacted about results. Job didn't start for months after interview but wouldn't tell of start date until right before starting.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career fair asking for it to be reviewed for a possible internship which was then screened for a over the phone interview, which then was narrowed down for a final in person interview, then there was a final phone call to let you know if you had received the offer for the position or not and salary was discussed.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for out of this experience?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a wait at open interview day and the overall interview was short. The management seemed OK but it was slow and it wasn't the best interview I've had honestly.