Steak n Shake Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steak n Shake Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

1.9

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Process was 4 steps for me. 1st with GM, second panel interview with GM and district manager. Third a phone interview with a human resources talent scout, 4th with vice president of operations. The first 3 were pretty standard, run of the mill interviews. The 4th was very challenging. I was asked questions about my motives, why I left the food industry in the first place, why I wanted to leave my current job, etc. After my 4th interview i had to submit to a background check. I also had to submit professional references. Once all this was completed, I was given an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• questions were run of the mill. What makes you a good fit for this position, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Most negotiations went on during interviews.

Dining Room Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

They had open interviews at the location we applied for. We went in was told to sign in and waited on hiring manager. I went first and was asked about availability my previous job experience and was offered the job on the spot. Filled out conditionial job offer and was told when to come to orientation my husband was interviewed after me and was hired on the spot as well. We start next Tuesday easiest interview ever

Interview Questions

• What is your availability like?   1 Answer

Steam Fry Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Lynchburg, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Called me quickly, easy interview but didn't know unless I contacted about results. Job didn't start for months after interview but wouldn't tell of start date until right before starting.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career fair asking for it to be reviewed for a possible internship which was then screened for a over the phone interview, which then was narrowed down for a final in person interview, then there was a final phone call to let you know if you had received the offer for the position or not and salary was discussed.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for out of this experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a wait at open interview day and the overall interview was short. The management seemed OK but it was slow and it wasn't the best interview I've had honestly.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

It's a three step process. The first two are in person at a steak and shake. The third one can be a phone interview or in person. The toughest is the second one, once you pass that one your pretty much in.

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Rogers, AR) in January 2016.

Interview

They had me wait by the door for 15 minutes until a manager became available to interview me. They had the GM monitoring the manager who was interviewing me as it was his first time. They asked very basic questions, my availability and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Delray Beach, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

After waking in and filling in an application, I was called back in two days later for an "interview". However, they didn't ask me any questions, had me fill out some forms, to which I may add they didn't require to fill out completely and then already had me scheduled and in the system for hours and training. I was unaware of this since I hadn't even accepted the job, which I did not.

Manager was unimpressive and lack leadership qualities

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Melbourne, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

They just ask about your availability and what I want to do with my life. They liked that I was in tuned and I was self disciplined. I am also a very quick learner and do not hesitate when I am told something to do.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Applied online and then two interview process. Usually one with HR and then the DM. Straightforward. Discuss your resume and mostly behavioral questions. Strengths and weaknesses, tell us about a difficult time, etc.