Steak n Shake Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steak n Shake Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2016

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Single interview with the local franchise owner on site. Discussed needs of business, recent trends, past management experience from both location and personal, potential ideas for future growth. We discussed hours of operation, shifts expected to work, requirements of work detail including physical and mental challenges. Restaurant Management is a very demanding position with little to no downtime, very fast paced.

Interview Questions

• Perhaps the most difficult question asked was what my ideas would be for potential growth for the company, and not having worked for the company it was very difficult to answer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Steak n Shake

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Process was 4 steps for me. 1st with GM, second panel interview with GM and district manager. Third a phone interview with a human resources talent scout, 4th with vice president of operations. The first 3 were pretty standard, run of the mill interviews. The 4th was very challenging. I was asked questions about my motives, why I left the food industry in the first place, why I wanted to leave my current job, etc. After my 4th interview i had to submit to a background check. I also had to submit professional references. Once all this was completed, I was given an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• questions were run of the mill. What makes you a good fit for this position, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Most negotiations went on during interviews.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

It's a three step process. The first two are in person at a steak and shake. The third one can be a phone interview or in person. The toughest is the second one, once you pass that one your pretty much in.

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Rosemont, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Since I was an internal promotion I did a phone interview with my division president to decide if I was ready to move to a full time position. I simply called the division president and they ran me through some simple questions to decide if I was ready. I had an offer less than 2 hours later.

Interview Questions

• How familiar was I with the company culture and if I believed in it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and easy. The manager was a Training restaurant manager and didnt have much experience in the interview process. Manager asked me pretty basic questions and than the District manager who i adore! Can and talked to me about operations and what they are expecting and what they need in a manager,

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to work above and beyond   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a perfect candidate for this job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for interview four weeks later. Was told I'd be meeting with the owner. Met at another food establishment. Interview was about half an hour with the owners. Asked basic interviews that are part of the companies requirements. Then asked some of their own. Overall an easy process.

Interview Questions

• What made me apply to their company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What were you able to negotiate? What advice would you give others considering an offer? (Optional)

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Rosemont, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was long it took a total of 3 weeks to interview. There was a 5 step process, first they called and did a phone interview.I spoke with the hiring manager. Next I had to meet in person with the district manager of the area that I would be working in. After meeting with the DM I had to do a store shadow which means it was a working interview. After this I received a call from HR for them to get a feel of my personality and ask what it meant to be a manager. Finally after approval from all of the above I received a call from the divisional president. It was a short interview and a welcome to the team call.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Miami, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

3 steps store manager district manager then regional manager, took 3 weeks and if you have 3 months worth of dishwashing experience you will easily pass through all. i need to make sure i put 30 words in this section so i will keep typing until i get there. boy isnt this fun?

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a disgruntled guest   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Face to face interview with District Manager, Phone Interview with Recruiter, 4-hr Job Shadow, Interview with Division President, Drug Test, Background Check. The whole process took 1 week. The background check took a little longer because I liked in a couple of different cities.

Interview Questions

• Just the standard interview questions from an interview guide. Very laid back interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was better than what I expected. They do pay well for experience. He made sure that pay was okay for me so I am sure you could negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Hoover, AL) in August 2013.

Interview

Do u have transportation? Can u work 50+jurors a week? Your hired I can't say something that wasn't said. This is what I was ask and that was how I answered. That's all

Interview Questions

• Do u have a way to go? That's the only question I was ask, then I was handed about 30 pages of paperwork to fill out , which I didn't fill out and it was never checked to see if it was completed. They train u for a day or 2. ( it's supposed to b 5) I later found out, then they throw u out there and get mad every time u make a mistake. Great training. NOT   1 Answer