Steak n Shake Restaurant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Steak n Shake Restaurant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Tampa, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

District manager in person, HR on phone twice, Regional manager on phone, Worked in a store for 6 hours with a general manager as a "try out"

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Steak n Shake

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Clarksville, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview then meeting with the DM

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Orlando, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Went thru a series of interviews,

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Richmond, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to set up an in person interview. The interview went well and I was asked to go and observe operations the next day. After a background check I was hired. Process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered $45,000 and I accepted.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in August 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a head hunter, had my application on line. They offered me a lower position then I was currently working, but a higher pay rate. All questions typical; work history, willingness to transfer, why was I willing to make a career change, best/worst experiences, etc. Two phone calls with head hunter, two with district manager, one formal interview, and a real job preview. Number of phone calls were based on my working 6-7 days a week at my previous employer. Received $1000 more than I asked for. Back ground check and drug check. Approximately 2 weeks from first call to job offer (my schedule restrictions were a big part of this delay). Started 2 weeks later on my first availability date.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about this company, its back ground, current state and future outlook that made it different from the job I was trying to leave?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The formal application had a place for a salary range. I received $1000 more than I asked for without negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

It started very good, upbeat a lot of information and facts exchanged both ways,at the phone interview and also with the district manager in person.
    But then the breakdown occurred when there was the 3rd interview by phone with the VP of Operations. Everything came down to a screeching halt.

Interview Questions

• Salary requirements and what do I bring to the company and why should I be hired   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

Applied online and then two interview process. Usually one with HR and then the DM. Straightforward. Discuss your resume and mostly behavioral questions. Strengths and weaknesses, tell us about a difficult time, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Recieved call from RM. Interviewed and hired on the spot. Knew the GM so he just had me email him my resume directly. Got called for an interview the next day.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in January 2015.

Interview

apply online, phone interview, meet general manager, 4 hour job shadow and interview 1, meet and interview district manager, interview with regional management (in person or phone), 8 week training program.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about working in a food service environment?   1 Answer