Steak n Shake Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

1.7

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Interview

easy it was the easiest thing in the world. so easy. background check the day of. managers are super easy as well everything is easy about the interview super easy

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Steak n Shake

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Woodstock, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I met with a very sweet, and understanding woman. She was super understanding in the fact that I am a single mother of three, so my schedule would be somewhat difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Collinsville, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. I was interviewed for the general manager, and she just asked me a few simple questions and had a short chat with me about my hobbies, and explained to me that they really needed good employees who would treat customers with respect. Interview took about 5 minutes.

I got hired on the spot as a drive thru operator because she thought I had a clear loud voice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for steak n shake?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Snellville, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was held during the lunch time and was very short and simple. The manager came over and the process began. I dressed business casual and brought my resume with me, but she didn't look at it. Over all it was a pleasant interview quick and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Any prior serving experience?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How far do you live?   1 Answer
    • What is your main form of transport?   1 Answer
    • Do you see this as a short term opportunity or would you like to use this chance to grow in the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Rogers, AR) in January 2016.

Interview

They had me wait by the door for 15 minutes until a manager became available to interview me. They had the GM monitoring the manager who was interviewing me as it was his first time. They asked very basic questions, my availability and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Delray Beach, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

After waking in and filling in an application, I was called back in two days later for an "interview". However, they didn't ask me any questions, had me fill out some forms, to which I may add they didn't require to fill out completely and then already had me scheduled and in the system for hours and training. I was unaware of this since I hadn't even accepted the job, which I did not.

Manager was unimpressive and lack leadership qualities

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Steak n Shake in October 2015.

Interview

I applied and got called the very same day. The manager had me come in the next day to interview. Then I had to come back the next day for an interview with the store manager. Very basic interviews, no hard on the spot questions like most big companies. Didnt get paid for orientation, and started at minimum wage in the drive thru, when i have 5+ years experience in fast food.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake (Hampton, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was awesome I had an interview with one of the guy managers and I liked him very much we talked for about 20 to 30 minutes and than I was hired I was so happy

Interview Questions

• Where did you work at previously   1 Answer
    • Do you have open availability?   1 Answer
    • Do you have transportation to work?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

The process only took a couple of weeks. The interview focused more on what I wanted to do with my future since it was only a part-time job. We also discussed how working as a server could benefit my future professional and academic career. They were mainly making sure I had the ability to communicate and would be able to perform a job such as serving.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions involved how I would handle different scenarios with customers, coworkers, etc.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steak n Shake.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call back the next day to come in for an interview. The manager told me that if I wanted to work for them that I had to change my hair color. Got a call back two weeks later for a second interview, in that interview she told me that she lost my paperwork or she would have hired me sooner. She offered me a fountain operator position, and I accepted. I called for the next whole week to try to figure out when I needed to come in, finally was told to come in the next day. No training at all. You're basically on your own.

No training.